The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Writing A Journal On Your Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/writing-journal-your-horse-212234/)

Breezy2011 06-12-2013 06:30 PM

Writing A Journal On Your Horse

Okay, so I am going to start a journal on Breeze, and other horsey stuff, like diseases, sicknesses, training tips, etc.

I know many of you will say 'it is your journal, write whatever you want'

But what I am asking is what kind of information about Breeze could I include...

not like o Breeze likes this and that, but I mean in general... like:

Name
Breeze
Colour

And this is what I am asking, what other general info could I include to get a general description of Breeze?

Also, what other things, training and general horse stuff could I research? Like what topics,

I was thinking:

Training: Groundwork and Riding
Hoof Care: Diseases and Treatment
Sickness and other diseases: Cause, care and treatment
Quarter Horses: description and facts about the breed
Markings and Colours: genetics
Myths about horses
Western Riding
English Riding

Anything else I could include?

This may come out as a weird question, but I am just interested in becoming more knowledgeable about horses and everything.

rookie 06-12-2013 08:52 PM

I think this is a great idea. I wrote a journal entry after ever session. I was 16 at the time, and it was whatever occurred to me after our ride. I learned some great things and I wish I had focused it more on training accomplishments. It can be a great way to track your progress. I would just write down what you accomplished during your sessions. Its a good way to assess and evaluate progress or regression.

Breezy2011 06-12-2013 10:12 PM

Okay thanks! I will do that.

ARTEMISBLOSSOM 06-13-2013 03:07 AM

I keep a journal on each of my horses I update it every time I work with them. I have kept one for years. It is very informal and written like I am talking to a friend although I do try and include everything I think might be interesting or important. I give each entry a relevant title and often include pictures or drawings. I think I started my first one years ago because I wanted to talk more about my horse than anyone around me wanted to hear. As I get older I find my memory has become a bit biased and rather selective so these journals are very helpful to me when I am dealing with an issue that my faulty memory tells me I have neeeever dealt with before.

soffechino123 06-13-2013 03:29 AM

What I find to be really great is because I like to draw I draw something that I thought we did really well that day. Or you could possibly take a picture of you two working on something at the end of the session to show how well you are working and bonding with your horse and how willing they are to do those things for you. I think it would also be cool to have a family tree!