The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Crazy accident (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/crazy-accident-212418/)

Paige 06-12-2013 11:05 PM

Crazy accident

Everyone watch out for any buckets your horse is around with a crack in it , my almost two year old ripped her nostril she had to get the dead piece taken off and she is in some pain just don't ever underestimate just a crack it can be bad she is better but will forever have a giant piece missing . :cry:

DraftyAiresMum 06-12-2013 11:07 PM

Hey! You stole my name!! Lol (my real name is Paige).

Sorry to hear about your filly. Hope she heals quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmpony84 06-12-2013 11:09 PM

A friend of mine had a pony split his nostril on the bucket as well...

If it makes you feel any better, when mine was two, he fell asleep with his tail in the bucket... it froze.... he ripped his tail out....

Paige 06-12-2013 11:09 PM

Hahah , thanks I hope so to.:D

Paige 06-12-2013 11:10 PM

That's crazy lol I wouldn't know that to think if my horses did that.

waresbear 06-12-2013 11:43 PM

Watch out for sharp molecules of air, horses have been known to injure themselves on that too.

MAG1723 06-13-2013 08:26 PM

That's why I don't buy plastic Buckets. Come to my house and everything ( and I mean everything) is rubber. I also attach my buckets to the fence so there is no risk of stepping on them. Even if the horse did step on it, nothing would break, the horse would have no injuries and the bucket would go back to original form. Where ever my horse goes, so does a rubber bucket. I don't like having my horse use a different horses buckets. I don't like taking chances. lol I'm a worry wort :)

existentialpony 06-13-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2786970)
Watch out for sharp molecules of air, horses have been known to injure themselves on that too.

I laughed so hard at this.

albertaeventer 06-14-2013 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another thing to be aware of is how the bucket is hung as well. If you use clips like these ones, make sure the open bottom part is flipped around towards the wall, not out towards the horse. I've seen a horse catch a nostril on it as well and slice it several inches directly up towards their forehead. Not pretty. :-(

Horses can and will hurt themselves on nearly everything!

trailwalker 06-14-2013 10:30 AM

I have seen several horse tear eyelids off the same way. Very sad. And the statement made by waresbear is hilarious !
Posted via Mobile Device