The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Field boots for short people? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/field-boots-short-people-212698/)

Tido652 06-13-2013 12:53 PM

Field boots for short people?

I am looking into buying a pair of field boots. I was looking at the mountain horse venice Jr field boot. the hight of my calves is just barely 16 inches (if not, a little shorter) and my calves are 13inches around. About to order the boots, I noticed that for mysize (7-8) thr calf might be a little too small, but one size up, everything else would be too big. Are there an other good field boots ($200 or less?) that would work for me, or should i get the venice boots a little too big or small? Im only supposed to grow about 1-2 more inches, so i dont think that will be a huge issue,but still needs to be taken into consideration. Thanks in advance!!

lovejewel 06-18-2013 01:41 PM

I would suggest the ariat heritage boots,
I'm 5ft2 and struggled finding a boot that was short enough for my leg, and the ariat heritage boot fits me perfectly.
When I got it, it felt a little too tall for me - but with hours and hours of walking in it, riding and showing, the ankles dropped and the height is perfect for me now :)
and the leather is great, I've had mine for about 4 years now and it still looks brand new!

alexischristina 06-18-2013 09:20 PM

The ariat heritage boots are really hit or miss, they fit me well but I found that they don't hold up well at all if you're riding every day. I replaced zippers twice, now there are holes at my heel and the inner calve is almost rubbed all the way through, I know a couple girls at my barn wont buy them either. It really depends on how much you plan on riding, though.

loveponyrider86 06-18-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexischristina (Post 2837370)
The ariat heritage boots are really hit or miss, they fit me well but I found that they don't hold up well at all if you're riding every day. I replaced zippers twice, now there are holes at my heel and the inner calve is almost rubbed all the way through, I know a couple girls at my barn wont buy them either. It really depends on how much you plan on riding, though.

Wow, that's interesting, I've had mine for 4 years riding everyday and I show in them, and are still shiny and show able...
Posted via Mobile Device