The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Sandie's new trick! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/sandies-new-trick-21272/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 01-21-2009 09:37 PM

Sandie's new trick!

This is Day 9 of Sandie's stall rest for her recent surgery, and to cure the boredom, we decided to learn some tricks! So this is me training Sandie how to "shake" :-) Enjoy!!

PS she's only had 2 days of training so far, can't believe how fast they catch on!

Picture Perfect 01-21-2009 09:54 PM

That's really cute. I wish my horse could shake. :lol:

free_sprtd 01-21-2009 10:02 PM

oh my goodness that is too freakin adorable! she learned so fast! What a great idea for being bored in stall rest! I'm super impressed, how did you teach her that?

Pinto Pony 01-22-2009 09:34 AM

What a clever girl!! Sandie is adorable. I hope she is healing fast.

Hoofprints in the Sand 01-22-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free_sprtd (Post 235651)
oh my goodness that is too freakin adorable! she learned so fast! What a great idea for being bored in stall rest! I'm super impressed, how did you teach her that?

Thanks, she is very smart!! :-) I just said "shake", patted her leg, and then at first I had to pull it up and forward myself, then give her the treat and say "good girl"! But after a few repetitions, she started to catch on! Eventually, I'm going to have her lift it high and way out in front of her so it's really a good shake! And oh, I use Tic Tacs as treats! Low calorie/sugar and very tiny, but they are strong and she loves the minty taste.

And as an added bonus, when they hear the Tic Tacs in there shaking around they know what they are..works wonders out at the pasture gate when you want them to come in! ;-)

Picture Perfect 01-22-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofprints in the Sand (Post 235907)
And as an added bonus, when they hear the Tic Tacs in there shaking around they know what they are..works wonders out at the pasture gate when you want them to come in! ;-)

Good Idea! :D

Dumas'_Grrrl 01-22-2009 01:37 PM

Tic Tacs!!! That's genius!!! :lol: Sandie's a lucky girl to have you!!!!

free_sprtd 01-22-2009 02:08 PM

oh wow! does she chew them? lol or just swallow them?

Dumas'_Grrrl 01-22-2009 02:57 PM

She chews them... listen to the video again you can actually hear her crunching!!! :lol:

free_sprtd 01-22-2009 03:03 PM

oh i don't have sound on my computer lol I just watched it :)