The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Howdy from Charlotte! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/howdy-charlotte-213418/)

Kmk 06-14-2013 07:57 PM

Howdy from Charlotte!

Hello All! My name is Kayla, I am living in Charlotte, NC. I am a new horse owner even though I have been around horses my entire life. I worked with a young appendix in Va that belonged to a good friend and when I learned that I would be moving here I didn't want to leave my buddy behind so I bought him! His name is Tristan, he is about 8 years old, and I love him dearly. I will probably be coming on here a lot for advice since this boy tends to take after his Thoroughbred side more than anything and at times can be too much for me to handle. Sometimes he is wonderful to ride and sometimes he is a pain in the butt, although I guess that can be any horse.
I am really glad that I found this forum and excited to join this community!
:D

Phly 06-14-2013 10:07 PM

Well howdy!

And, pssssst, you forgot the pictures.lol
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 06-14-2013 10:17 PM

Howdy , yourself! I have never been to NC. I hear Charlotte is nice. yep, got's to have photos. It's the law!

Kmk 06-14-2013 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry! Here's a picture of my boy :)

apachiedragon 06-14-2013 10:40 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm from NC too, but I'm up toward Winston. Tristan is lovely.

Kmk 06-14-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachiedragon (Post 2805090)
Welcome to the forum. I'm from NC too, but I'm up toward Winston. Tristan is lovely.

I haven't been there yet, I just moved here about 9 months ago. And Thanks!

Allison Finch 06-14-2013 10:51 PM

WELCOME to the forum!!

I live up in Chapel Hill. You'll have to haul up here to ride sometime. Nice horse you have, I must say! What kind of riding do you prefer?

Kmk 06-14-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allison Finch (Post 2805202)
WELCOME to the forum!!

I live up in Chapel Hill. You'll have to haul up here to ride sometime. Nice horse you have, I must say! What kind of riding do you prefer?

Yeah! That would be fun! There aren't nearly as many places to ride over here as what I'm used to in Va...
I really to a bit of everything. I've never taken formal lessons for very long, so most everything I know I've learned by watching other people.
In Va where I was everyone was all English. So I jumped with him using chairs and a long stick until we made our own jumps out of scrap wood we had laying around.
In Nc everyone is Western, so I went out and bought a Western saddle and started running the barrels in the ring.
Lol, as I said, a LITTLE of everything haha

apachiedragon 06-15-2013 09:17 AM

It's funny you say that, I know a great many more hunter/jumper/eventing barns than western barns in NC. Maybe it's just in your area that it's predominately western?

gigem88 06-15-2013 09:34 AM

Howdy! I don't think I'd leave him behind either, very nice.