The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Craptastic dressage at Danish Championships (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/craptastic-dressage-danish-championships-214002/)

Weezilla 06-16-2013 12:40 AM

Craptastic dressage at Danish Championships

Allegedly 3 of Andreas Helgstrand's students. Whaddaya think?
This link SHOULD bring you to a series of 48+ photos of 3 riders in warmup and in the ring...

http://starstonestenfalk.wordpress.c...dressage-2013/

JustDressageIt 06-16-2013 01:01 AM

Faaaaaaantastic.
I really have no words.

... I lied. I have words:
It's easy to force a horse into submission. It's very easy to chuck it in a harsh bit and crank its head around. It's very easy to get frustrated and want "HEAD DOWN" so bad that you make it physically impossible for the horse to do anything else.

Muppetgirl 06-16-2013 01:13 AM

This is why I have a great respect for those dressage riders who do it right. I'm wondering, I ride reining, so I 'ideally' work off a draped rein.....how much pressure does a person need to put on a horse to get it all curled up like that??? I don't think I could even get my horse that flexed by hauling on a cathedral bit in his mouth (:shock:I'd never ever do that - but just for comparisons sake!)

Wow.

Mochachino 06-16-2013 02:01 AM

I often think what it would feel like to walk around with my chin on my chest. Very uncomfortable and unnatural to say the least. I just don't like it, and I'm sure that those horses don't either. I wish things would change in many parts of the equine show world. One of them definitely being dressage.

Coloureds4Mimi 06-16-2013 09:19 AM

This is disgusting! I love dressage for the fact that it helps the horse carry you and itself correctly.....not this. I agree they should have been disqualified, I dread to think how many people will now try to replicate this :/ that poor horse :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Kayty 06-16-2013 09:40 AM

More rolkur garb brought to the headlines yet again, it's all over euro dressage too.
Doesn't matter how many times I see it and in what country but whichever riders, my opinion in it doesn't change. I don't like it, have no desire or intention of using it, but there has been no fast scientific findings that prove it is detrimental to the horse's health.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clava 06-16-2013 10:05 AM

and they are trying to stop people taking photos:evil:
If the shoe fits - Epona.tv

Becca93 06-16-2013 10:09 AM

I think dressage can be beautiful when done correctly - but that is horrible! That poor horse to be in that position, and I would take a guess and say he trains with the horse like that as well.

xlionesss 06-16-2013 10:15 AM

I still don't care what people say, going behind the vertical like that is not okay.

Muppetgirl 06-16-2013 10:32 AM

I don't think it's going to 'kill' the horse but done for longer periods of time it must be detrimental'? I've heard too that small increments of over flexing is not the end of the world and is actually beneficial to stretching.....I'm just morbidly fascinated with how they can get the horse to flex SO MUCH!

I don't know enough and havent ridden horses of that calibre to know.....

Dressage pros - when the horse is over flexing like that is it 'soft' or is there some resistance?