The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   New to Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/)
-   -   *Project Ideas Needed For 4-h- Stall Design/Presentations (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/%2Aproject-ideas-needed-4-h-stall-214026/)

Thrill Ride 06-16-2013 01:12 AM

*Project Ideas Needed For 4-h- Stall Design/Presentations

3 Attachment(s)
This will be my 2nd year competing in 4-h at the fair. Last year I just showed one horse, but this year I am showing a different horse and I have a training horse also.

1) My main horse- Name: Sassy, Reg. Name: Thrill Ride, she is more of a 'sassy' horse with an attitude but a big heart. I was thinking of doing live a diva theme for her stall but kind of not liking that idea.
Idea?

2) Training Project- Name: Twista, Not registered, she was born on the mudiest, rainiest, coldest day of the year. She was an october baby. She is very willing, and just like to get along with people unlike her mom and sister.
Idea?

3) Veterinary Science- In this category we make a poster on something related to veterinary science. They give examples such as dieses, hip dysphasia, scours, worms, etc... My mom told me I should do something on worms. Anyone know a category which would really be fun and interesting to learn about?

4) Horse Related- Another category that we make a poster related to horses. My friend did this category last year and she did hers about English Riding: Dressage, Show Jumping, Cross Country. I had an idea about explaining the difference and examples of Hot Bloods, Warmbloods, and Coldbloods (attitudes) and what they are used for. Again, any other topics you can come up with?

I have a month to do these, but I would like to get started but I'm not that creative when it comes to ideas.

*Tagged along pictures of Sassy & Twista*

Thank You :-)

loveduffy 06-16-2013 01:43 AM

what I was thinking is for Sassy do some thing on her stall that said I will take that dare ( pictures of the Grand cannon and under it she say I could jump that ) for twista hang candy for her stall and a welcome mat in front that says all welcome pleases come in and pet me=== the horse related how worms have become recentness to some wormers and what is being done to help fight them good luck

Thrill Ride 06-17-2013 12:23 PM

Thanks!

We actually don't get much room for our stalls and everything has to be hanging. I might if I'm lucky have a 4' X 4' space for my stall design.

greentree 06-17-2013 03:04 PM

What beautiful horses!

I would do a comparison of different types of feed....either hays, or sugar content of feeds, and relate those to the health problems they cause.

Sounds like FUN!!!

Nancy