The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   What injuries have you had? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/what-injuries-have-you-had-21404/)

hntrjmpr 01-24-2009 04:49 PM

What injuries have you had?

I thought it would be fun too see what injuries everyone has had while riding or dealing with horses (well not fun, but interesting :]) Here is my current injury list:
broken tailbone 3 times
have had 3 concussions (actually, if I get one more serious one I could be like permanently brain dead..sooo I have to be extremely careful and get off before the horse tries anything haha)
left ankle broken twice
right ankle broken once
right wrist broken once
and broke my collarbone once
OH I have also cracked 2 ribs ( I never realized how painful that really was until it happened to me)

And those are just from RIDING accidents haha I've had numerous other injuries due to volleyball and well just walking down the street hahaha I'm kind of a walking accident :P

gotxhorses 01-24-2009 04:53 PM

Ones that I've gone to the doctors for:
-Broken my left wrist in 2 places.
-Bruised my arm muscle the day before a show (which i still rode in even though i was supposed to be in a sling. ;])

And idk about any of the other ones...
I've been hurt plenty of times, but I dislike the hospital... So they could have been more serious than I play them out to be.

SuspiciousInnocence 01-24-2009 05:18 PM

Ok.. here goes..

Got a bruise once.

:P

wordstoasong 01-24-2009 05:19 PM

Bruised ribs x2
Horse bite. x1

That's about it. Lol

smrobs 01-24-2009 05:55 PM

Lets see. I have been pretty fortunate to not have more on my list after a lifetime of working with horses and 10 years of training.

Shattered left wrist
broken right arm
little toes on both feet broken
torn tendons and ligaments in left ankle
Skull fracture when I was 4
Severe concussion to go along with the skull fracture
messed up my back several times

And I have had countless rope and leather burns on hands and arms along with getting the wind knocked out of me more times than I can count.

Walkamile 01-24-2009 06:32 PM

I work real hard to NOT hit the ground , but on a few occasions didn't achieve my goal:

4 broken ribs
3 broken bones in the back
Huge bruise on my pride!

Flexion 01-24-2009 07:08 PM

I fell off a horse when she bolted and then proceeded to buck me off, and I broke my arm in two places.

I also hurt my back when my pony spooked and knocked me up against the wall.

And I hurt my knee in a fall jumping. :(

Tayz 01-24-2009 07:29 PM

lol ouch! I've only been horse riding twice and I haven't fallen off or anything but I might be doing horse riding this year(i find out from the stables in 3 days whether I'm in or not!) and I'm sure i'll fall off then or something. If I get into horse riding my mum wants me to wear a body protector coz I have a bad back what might need an operation and she worries I might get thrown...I'm sure getting thrown hurts though...

Dumas'_Grrrl 01-24-2009 07:38 PM

I cracked my tailbone.

HayburnerHeights 01-24-2009 07:58 PM

Over the last 29 years

Broken toe

Bad crash on my the back of head/neck, tweaked my neck bad (ice fell off the indoor arena roof and flipped my horse out)

fat lip & black eye (horse swung it head to look at something while I was putting on the bridle

pulled groin while falling off (while horse was bucking like crazy)

Bruised shoulder (got bucked off)

severly bruised lower stomach (getting kicked while out in the field)

Broke three bones in my back (spur on the spine) what they called a stable fracture. - this was my most recent injury (3 yrs ago)