The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   This is why You don't give an Arab a lot of ALFALFA (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/why-you-dont-give-arab-lot-214090/)

KigerQueen 06-16-2013 08:09 AM

This is why You don't give an Arab a lot of ALFALFA

She started doing this as soon as the halter came off. FYI i dont even have a lunge line on me, so im not making her go lol.

xlionesss 06-16-2013 09:12 AM

LMAO, I can just see her brain workin' away. WAIT LETS GO THIS WAY, OKAY HEY I SEE YOU HOW YA DOIN? GOTTA MOVE THESE LEGS

deserthorsewoman 06-16-2013 09:45 AM

Mine did that without alfalfa....two days in due to bad weather was enough.......I could always tell on the way out if a burst like that was coming...they would behave in hand but were SOOOOO ready to take off.....I had three in hand, 1/4 mile of open dirt road towards pasture, passing the arena, with a couple of jumpers practicing, or a horse at liberty, or anything else to work them up even more....:-)

Endiku 06-16-2013 03:22 PM

LOL, she sure was feeling good wasn't she? Beautiful mare.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 06-16-2013 03:24 PM

She was just feelin' GOOOOOD!

I don't think Alfalfa is to blame, until I moved to OK all I ever fed was alfalfa.

Becca93 06-16-2013 07:03 PM

I love how she runs to you at the end and goes "Okay Mum Im done now"

KigerQueen 06-16-2013 07:05 PM

I had upped her Alfalfa. Yeah NEVER doing that again. She gets so hyped up she had NO idea what to do with herself, and she starts doing things (like rearing and spooking and trying to drag people) she normally would never do. Hard to believe shes 18 in the vid XD

Saddlebag 06-18-2013 07:40 AM

I'd bo't an arab in poor shape, his hooves had broken into long shards so he preferred moving backwards. These had to be trimmer before trailering and was done again in 30 days. About six weeks into his rehab of decent hay and 2 dewormings and started on oats, I'd never seen him canter and was getting concerned as he'd put on nice weight. The pasture buddy took a notion run run down a small hill, jump a log and that started a case of sillies. The arab started down the hill at a big trot, popped over the log and took off at the gallop. He ran and ran, bucking and running faster, stopping momentarily to blow, then going again. The show lasted about 15 min. What a joy to watch.

morganarab94 06-19-2013 11:51 AM

aww she was feeling good! She looks like and reminds me of my arabxsaddlebred.:lol:

xXRubyXx 06-24-2013 11:25 AM

Omg gorgeous horse!! Ruby does that when she's fresh lol. Like when she stayed in her stall all weekend due to horribly wet weather, The arena was more like a lake!! :L