The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Reptiles (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/reptiles-214138/)

Serelin 06-16-2013 12:14 PM

Reptiles

I was wondering if any other horse owners had reptiles as well?

I own a 16 year old Childrens python named Ansi (Swahili for Beautiful). I acquired her for a reptile convention in South Haven, Mississippi. She's my only snake and I love having her around, even though she's picky on heat.

If you have any reptiles, be it snakes, lizards, or turtles,come share!

LadyDreamer 06-17-2013 02:42 AM

I am a snake person. I have Boas, hognose snakes, KSBs and a few misc snakes. I love them.
Posted via Mobile Device

OurLizardsHope 06-17-2013 02:45 AM

I dont have any right now sadly, but I love them! Can you post pictures of your snake? I'd love to see her!

Brighteyes 06-17-2013 01:53 PM

I have two 40 pound sulcata tortoises named Steve and Tommy! They're awesome. (I can take pictures later if you like!) I'm also babysitting a ball python for a friend. I adore snakes. In the past, I've had chameleons, iguanas, leopard geckos, various frogs, and a mud puppy.

Serelin 06-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurLizardsHope (Post 2821058)
I dont have any right now sadly, but I love them! Can you post pictures of your snake? I'd love to see her!

I could happily share some photos once I upload them, no problem!

Serelin 06-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighteyes (Post 2824034)
I have two 40 pound sulcata tortoises named Steve and Tommy! They're awesome. (I can take pictures later if you like!) I'm also babysitting a ball python for a friend. I adore snakes. In the past, I've had chameleons, iguanas, leopard geckos, various frogs, and a mud puppy.

I used to take care of a sulcata tortoise! She loved the color pink and always tried to chomp on anything of the same color; bags, pants, pajamas, pillows.

I used to have 2 leopard geckos, although they didn't breed and we soon sold them.

Northernstar 06-17-2013 08:47 PM

I am licensed to have reptiles/amphibians (only those that are not threatened or endangered species) as a teaching tool for giving nature programs - once the programs are completed, I return them back to where they were captured. My personal fav's are the Painted Turtle, Eastern Hognose Snake, (for their dramatic display!), Red-Backed Salamanders, and Wood Frogs... to name a few :)

Relentless 06-18-2013 03:01 PM

!!!

I love reptiles, particularly snakes. I've had just about everything, but I've finally found my "heart" snake in the reticulated python.

Her name is Pandora, she's a year old and just about 6 and a half feet. She's a purple albino and extremely vibrant and gorgeous. It's difficult at this point for me to imagine owning another type of snake, but if I had to choose it would be a blood python.

Anatopism 06-19-2013 09:39 PM

I have reduced my collection sinificantly, but still have a few snakes, and breed ball pythons (two clutches in the incubator right now, due to hatch at the end of July). I have two coastal carpet pythons and a bredls carpet, retic and a hog nose as well. I have a halmahera (aka Moluccan) giant gecko that I don't see frequently as she prefers to hide in her plants. Not reptiles, but also have a handful if tarantulas :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Wild Heart 06-19-2013 11:49 PM

I love sulcatas! Unfortunately, I do not have the living space for one at the moment.

However, I do have quite a few reptiles of my own.
I have two corn snakes, a greek tortoise and six crested geckos.

I'm interested in starting to begin breeding cresties. I have quite a few nice morphs that I'm sure will produce lovely offspring. :)