The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Klaus Hempfling (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/klaus-hempfling-21474/)

Lois 01-25-2009 04:27 PM

Klaus Hempfling

Hey everyone,

do you guys know Klaus Hempfling ? (www.hempfling.com)
and do you guys have ever followed a course from him? And did you liked it?
Sorry if my english is bad :oops:

www.youtube.com/nature2promtion here you can see some of his video's.

Kentucky 01-25-2009 05:01 PM

video can not be found, but form his website he seems alright, just another Natural horsemanship clinician with an English style riding background.

Lois 01-26-2009 08:26 AM

no he doesn't really do 'natural horsemanship'. He doesn't want his way to be called a methode. :)

and sorry here are the videos!
www.youtube.com/nature2promotion

koomy56 05-10-2009 09:31 PM

Very cool guy. I am reading his book right now, What Horses Reveal. Basically sorts out horses in character groups and explains in depth of what they're like, what rider suits them best and how you would go about training that particular group. Very fun. :)

Spyder 05-10-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lois (Post 238534)
no he doesn't really do 'natural horsemanship'. He doesn't want his way to be called a methode. :)

and sorry here are the videos!
www.youtube.com/nature2promotion

NH is not just carrots sticks. NH is used in all disciplines.

His way of teaching is very close to what is done to Baroque type horses and he isn't the only one that does it like that.

Qtswede 05-11-2009 08:46 PM

I thought he did some dressage work...

Spastic_Dove 05-11-2009 09:38 PM

...what exactly is horse meditation?
And how does he give you a profile of your horse by just looking at a picture?

Cat 05-11-2009 09:41 PM

I have two of his books - Dancing with Horses and What Horses Reveal. I like some of his theories in Dancing with Horses, but What Horses Reveal comes off like palm reading to me.

SpiritJordanRivers 06-07-2009 07:22 PM

I bought the video Dancing w/ Horses the Art of Body Language and it SUCKED! $47.50 for NOTHING! I don't about the other videos/books, but the one I bought was dumb.

Solon 06-07-2009 07:47 PM

I have the Dancing with Horses video. I love his work. I don't consider him NH along the lines as Parelli or some of the others. I really like Hempfling. He's got a very good style and it's easy to learn. I haven't gotten his DVD's yet but that's on my list as I'd like to see how it's done on video rather than just reading about it.