The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   True Blood? (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/true-blood-215338/)

Jennakaaate 06-17-2013 11:24 PM

True Blood?

Does anyone watch this? I'm currently watching The Vampire Diaries, but I'd like to check this out, as well. Is it any good?

HowClever 06-17-2013 11:47 PM

I love it. But it is nothing like The Vampire Diaries. Far more graphic, both in the way of gore and the way of sex and nudity.

HorseMom1025 06-17-2013 11:49 PM

I've been a fan of the books since they first came out and have watched the series as well. The first season is great, even the second season was good. As a fan of the books, I admit I was disappointed when the show completely left the book plots behind and changed so many events.

As a stand alone series, however, I really like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glenknock 06-18-2013 12:13 AM

OMG i'm addicted to True Blood its brilliant :) but nothing like VD its soooooooo much better

PastureSongs 06-18-2013 03:59 AM

Woooo, yes buddy.

But ye be warned, it's extremely graphic, in language, sexual content and gore.
It's nothing you want to watch if you're squeamish about intercourse -of all kinds, now- or cursing, or drug use or blood being splattered in all directions.
Also not something you'd want to watch in front of parents. or grand parents. or children.

Jennakaaate 06-18-2013 11:25 PM

No worries, I'm definitely not squeamish. I watch Spartacus with my boyfriend. lol Is there any history that goes along with it? That's mainly the reason why I watch The Vampire Diaries, because they have an excellent story plot and incorporate a lot of history in it. I love the 1920's. <3 Also, my horse has an ancestor from the 1600's who's name was Vampire. I just find that really cool, so I started watching vampire shows. Haha :P

Jennakaaate 06-30-2013 01:19 AM

I started watching this show last week and I have to say..I'm hooked. <3
Though I will admit that I didn't particularly care for the first episode. It was very cheesy and wasn't written well. From the second episode on, though, it was great.