The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   uploading videos (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/uploading-videos-21545/)

free_sprtd 01-26-2009 05:59 PM

uploading videos

For the life of me i can't get a video to upload on any site whether it be youtube, or photoucket. Any suggestions? They're coming off my sd card from my digi camera. i have a video on a mini dv, so obviously I can't put that one online right? please help thanks.

Jehanzeb 01-27-2009 06:35 AM

Right so you put your SD card into the SD card slot.
Open My computer
Double click to open your SD card
Choose the video file you want to upload
Copy and paste it onto your desktop
Open Youtube
Click Upload and choose the file from Desktop

Report back if it still doesn't work

Regards :D

free_sprtd 01-27-2009 03:06 PM

thanks Ill try it, when I did it int he future my file was too large, even though it was only like 30 sec video. Should I have my camera on a different setting or something? it's just a canon digital.

claireauriga 01-27-2009 03:08 PM

What's the video file format?

Jehanzeb 01-27-2009 03:09 PM

It must be set to avi, set it to mpeg format and try again :D

regards

free_sprtd 01-27-2009 03:10 PM

ok i will thanks a bunch!

free_sprtd 01-29-2009 12:00 AM

Ok so it is still in AVI format, but I do not have a setting on my camera to change it :(

free_sprtd 01-29-2009 12:47 AM

Just testing

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...h_MVI_0001.jpg

Jehanzeb 01-29-2009 04:38 AM

It works perfectly however it's been uploaded onto some other site. The dog looks like he is going to jump and bite you. I am very scared of dogs. :D

Here is something which I found on youtube help.

Uploading Issues: "Invalid file format" definition

"Invalid file format error" means that your video is in a format that our system doesn't accept. We accept most file formats, including .wmv, .mov, .mpg or .avi. If your video meets these minimum requirements and still won't upload, it may be due to a problem with the video compression you are using. We recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid, SQV3) format at 320x240 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube.

If you're using Windows Movie Maker, it's also possible that you tried to upload your .MSWMM file. This is not an actual video file. An .MSWMM file is a Windows Movie Maker project file. If you're satisfied with your video, choose the "Publish Movie" or "Save Movie File" option (depending on which version you have) under the "File" menu and create a video file such as .avi or .wmv.

Source: Uploading Issues - YouTube Help

Try clicking on the source link and see which option suits you the best.

Can you play Youtube videos?

Regards

free_sprtd 01-29-2009 04:23 PM

Ya i tried it on youtube and it still says not done processing after 12 hours! lol oh well. At least photobucket works. thanks so muchfor the help!