The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Cross your fingers... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/cross-your-fingers-215858/)

alexischristina 06-18-2013 10:44 PM

Cross your fingers...

Well I lost my job at the start of April when the place I worked closed down, ignored my 'situation' for a little while (so I could finish my college exams) and started seriously looking for a job at the beginning of May and have had zero luck. I had one really great interview but didn't get it (I'm amazed I got the interview, I made it onto the shortlist of five from over a hundred applicants, it was for an office assistant to manager position) and since them haven't heard back from ANYBODY. Not that I'm surprised, University let out a little while ago, high school is letting out now, I imagine the number of people looking is HUGE... but anyway, I got a call yesterday, had an interview today and will hopefully be getting a call back today or tomorrow so fingers crossed please. It's a different location of the place I worked for three years :lol: so I have the experience, hopefully I've got the personality they were looking for.

gigem88 06-18-2013 10:49 PM

Good luck, I hope you get it!!

tinyliny 06-18-2013 11:42 PM

hoping things work out for you. let us know.

wetrain17 06-19-2013 10:11 AM

Its all about networking these days. You're not going to get that great opportunity sitting at a computer. You have to get out there and talk to people. Go to events, volunteer, be an active member of clubs. This is where careers (not jobs) are found.

alexischristina 06-19-2013 03:17 PM

At 19 years old I'm not looking for a career :wink: I don't want a permanent job until I'm done with school.

Bagheera 06-19-2013 06:18 PM

Good luck! I hope it goes well and you get the job! :)

alexischristina 06-19-2013 07:13 PM

Well I was called in for another interview today with the owners, so I guess that's a good sign. We'll see how it goes.
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 06-20-2013 03:27 AM

Well the interview went well, the said they'll let me know either way by the end of the week so hopefully I get it. I feel like I will, but I'm still super nervous I wont and will keep searching :lol:

Becca93 06-20-2013 09:24 AM

Goodluck - I hope it works out for you :)

alexischristina 06-20-2013 05:30 PM

And I got the job, so that's good. :P woo.