The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/super-bowl-sunday-21659/)

Angel_Leaguer 01-28-2009 11:38 AM

Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!!!

So are you cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Arizona Cardinals? Or do you not watch NFL or just don’t care? I have a football obsessed BF (big MN Vikings fan) but if a game is being broadcasted it is on out TV...lol

So who would you like to see win????

RusticWildFire 01-28-2009 11:42 AM

I don't watch football lol. Sometimes I watch for the commercials though.

Vidaloco 01-28-2009 11:43 AM

Its funny, when we got married my husband was a sports NUT. Over the years he has gotten less and less interested in it. I think if our Chiefs did better, maybe we would both get interested again. I do like going to the games but I'm not much on watching it on TV. The Chiefs really suck :-(:evil:
OK back to the super bowl...My bet is on the Steelers.

Sissimut-icehestar 01-28-2009 12:14 PM

Many people have tried to explain american football to me. All of them have failed...

Jehanzeb 01-28-2009 12:24 PM

Ok lets say it this way

||||| ----- |||||

The left line has to hit the ball to the right side and right side lines have to hit the ball to the left side.

Left has to defend, right has to defend.

While defending they are allowed to bang into each other.

If left hits the ball into the right, they get point and vice versa.

Does that make sense? :D

(secret: I never played nor watched American football :D)

Regards

Angel_Leaguer 01-28-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jehanzeb (Post 240286)
Ok lets say it this way

||||| ----- |||||

The left line has to hit the ball to the right side and right side lines have to hit the ball to the left side.

Left has to defend, right has to defend.

While defending they are allowed to bang into each other.

If left hits the ball into the right, they get point and vice versa.

Does that make sense? :D

(secret: I never played nor watched American football :D)

Regards

I dont think it is a secret that you have never watched a game :lol::lol::lol:

lol... at leat you have the ball and banging (well tackling) into each other right :-)

Vidaloco 01-28-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissimut-icehestar (Post 240276)
Many people have tried to explain american football to me. All of them have failed...

I believe American football was fashioned after rugby. After some rule changes and other alterations it became American football.
I'm more a basketball fan myself, although the pants worn by the football players are nice to look at if fitted correctly :wink:

Angel_Leaguer 01-28-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 240293)
although the pants worn by the football players are nice to look at if fitted correctly :wink:

I second that!!!! :lol:

Sissimut-icehestar 01-28-2009 01:45 PM

too bad we don't even play rugby here...
sigh... Only sports I regularily watch are football (soccer) and handball (our national team is quite good, we got silver at the olympics) so those are pretty much the only ones I could play. I wouldn't be completely at loss at basketball either.

hotreddun 01-28-2009 02:01 PM

I hope the guy behind home plate makes plenty of rebounds and the goalie gets plenty of saves.:lol:

Uh no...I don't watch football...I didn't even know it was the Super Bowl. I'll vote Cardinals because those birds are pretty.