The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Eventing Dressage Jacket Question! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/eventing-dressage-jacket-question-21696/)

StormyBlues 01-28-2009 09:46 PM

Eventing Dressage Jacket Question!

hey! I am going to event at the BN level this year and need some show clothes! My mom was a dressage rider and has a shadbelly that is in great condition, and said I could wear it if it fits me, so I was wondering if it is ok to wear shad bellies in BN comeptition, or is that just the FEI and Adavanced levels?

~*~anebel~*~ 01-29-2009 12:26 AM

Shadbellys are reserved for the higher levels, yes. Even if there is not specifically a rule, it is a little pretentious to wear a shad outside of an FEI class. ANd by a little pretentious I mean it makes you look like an a** :P :P
I would just wear a hunt coat and some white breeches and you're good to go! If you are looking for a coat anyways, then look at used ones. It is easier than you would think to find a good one.

Pinto Pony 01-30-2009 01:24 PM

I agree with Anebel, they are usually reserved for higher level dressage and go with a bowler hat but at the same time if you can't afford a hunt coat or don't find one in time I think if you wear the shadbelly it won't be that big a deal :)

StormyBlues 01-30-2009 07:54 PM

Thanks guys! :D Another quick question, I have seen that Dressage jackets have three buttons and Hunt jackets have 4 (or vis virsa I forget:D) Will this bew a problem?

~*~anebel~*~ 02-01-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 241865)
Thanks guys! :D Another quick question, I have seen that Dressage jackets have three buttons and Hunt jackets have 4 (or vis virsa I forget:D) Will this bew a problem?

No, it doesn't really matter.

Also: You do not wear a bowler with a shadbelly, you wear a top hat. Again bowlers traditionally are reserved for the lower levels and are to be worn with a regular jacket.

StormyBlues 02-02-2009 07:10 AM

yea, my mom wore a top hat while doing her dressage. I am going to wear a helmet, because alot can happen in that little dressage arena!:D

Pinto Pony 02-09-2009 11:33 PM

Whoops, yeah a top hat, bowlers are for hacking hehe. A bowler would look kind weird with a shadbelly hehe. Don't listen to my fashion advice :P

StormyBlues 02-10-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinto Pony (Post 248262)
Whoops, yeah a top hat, bowlers are for hacking hehe. A bowler would look kind weird with a shadbelly hehe. Don't listen to my fashion advice :P

haha it's k! we all slip up sometimes!:wink: