The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Blue on blue? (English show shirt and coat) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/blue-blue-english-show-shirt-coat-217186/)

alexischristina 06-20-2013 10:19 PM

Blue on blue? (English show shirt and coat)

Well my chestnut looks absolutely adorable in blue, so I bought a new light blue show shirt :wink: but my gray coat is way too big now so I need to get another one, there's one for sale used but it's navy blue with light blue pinstripes... too much blue? Or is that 'in'?

(We show in the jumpers and English flat classes, starting up Dressage again this year but sticking to the lower local levels for now).

howrsegirl123 06-20-2013 11:50 PM

I show local/open hunters and I have a navy coat and light blue shirt, and I think it looks fine :)
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 06-21-2013 01:02 AM

(: Woo! I was originally looking for a charcoal / almost black but haven't been able to find one (that I can afford) :lol: so we'll see if the blue one fits I'll give up that idea.

tinyliny 06-21-2013 01:26 AM

I think light blue on dark blue looks BETTER than light blue on gray.

post a photo when you show, ok?

alexischristina 06-21-2013 03:15 AM

Well bad news, the jacket is the same brand and size as the one I have that doesn't fit. My measurements say size 8, but my size 8 is super baggy all the way around. But if I end up finding one I'll definitely post photos :lol:

EdmontonHorseGal 06-21-2013 11:59 AM

Might be cheaper to take your grey coat to a seamstress and get it taken in, instead of buying a new coat? with a grey coat, you are more open to different colours for your shirt underneath, since grey is nice and neutral.

alexischristina 06-21-2013 07:13 PM

Honestly the coat isn't worth enough money to take it and have it taken in. I'll probably end up scoping out warehouse and consignment stores and buying something expensive :lol: now that I have an actual job...

oh vair oh 06-22-2013 10:20 PM

A tailor will do wonders. I bought a $10 green hunt coat at a sale, had it tailored, and wore it to world championships. Never underestimate the power of a good tailor. Then you can spend the rest of your money on show fees, ahaah xD

alexischristina 06-22-2013 11:02 PM

Unfortunately a tailor isn't going to change the quality and weight of the fabric :lol: