The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Endurance Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/)
-   -   What type of Jeans for summer (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/what-type-jeans-summer-217450/)

libann 06-21-2013 01:37 PM

What type of Jeans for summer

Hello to all,

I have a question...which riding jeans would be the best for summer riding?
Any help would greatly be appreciate!!
You all have a great day!!
Carol

Horsesaplenty 06-21-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libann (Post 2857562)
Hello to all,

I have a question...which riding jeans would be the best for summer riding?
Any help would greatly be appreciate!!
You all have a great day!!
Carol

I live in a hot humid zone and while I do trail ride in jeans, I am not confortable in them. I just bought a pair of Kerrits riding tights and am excited about riding in those. I actually ride in shorts a good bit when at home

It was also suggested to me, to look into Irideons and Tropical Rider tights.

Joe4d 06-21-2013 08:20 PM

none, jeans basically blow chunks.

Faustinblack 06-21-2013 10:01 PM

I ride in.... Crap. Can't remember the brand, but they are uncomfortable to ride in. They are riding jeans too. Supposed to be stretchy and all, but they lie! Get a pair of riding tights or breeches and save yourself the trouble. Seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

ICUWest7 06-21-2013 10:26 PM

I live in GA and it is hot and humid to all ends, and i ride in riding tights/breeches more often than jeans. Jeans just get hot and itchy and chafey and basically, as joe said, blow chunks, lol.
You can probably find a cheaper pair at a local tack store (you may have to go english tack)

flytobecat 06-21-2013 10:32 PM

I go to the thrift store and buy the softest lightest worn out jeans I can find. It's hot here, but with the cactus and thorny trees, you are better off riding in pants. I go cheap because my jeans and shirts are frequently getting torn on said plants.

Joe4d 06-22-2013 09:51 AM

WHile no good in thorns, I do all my training in baseball uniform pants.

phantomhorse13 06-22-2013 10:19 PM

I can't even think of the last time I rode in jeans (unless backing my greenie for 5 minutes yesterday in jean shorts counts.. but we didn't move, just stood!).

I ride in tights. Wouldn't want to test them on too many serious thorns, but they do ok with our stickerbushes (much better than my arms do!).

Celeste 06-29-2013 11:34 PM

I just bought a pair of Tropical Rider lightweight summer breeches. They worked great for me. I rode in jeans for years, and for years I put up with those awful seams assaulting my anatomy. Life is too short to wear uncomfortable clothes while enjoying your hobby.

Faustinblack 06-30-2013 02:09 AM

Bought a pair of underarmour tights and I love them. Haven't ridden more then twenty miles in them, but so much better than jeans
Posted via Mobile Device