The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What's your opinion on Kincade tack? Specifially bridles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/whats-your-opinion-kincade-tack-specifially-21754/)

xilikeggs0 01-30-2009 01:27 AM

What's your opinion on Kincade tack? Specifially bridles?

I'm looking for a cheap bridle for my horse. I don't ride her often enough to justify spending a lot of money on one, but I am entering her in a show soon, so I need a nice looking bridle for it. I'm not going to be doing any major showing; in fact I probably won't show again until the next time the rodeo comes back.

Anyways, I found a nice looking, inexpensive bridle. It's a by a brand called Kincade, and it's their 'raised fancy stitched bridle.' Here's what it looks like:
http://www.horsetackco.com/images/kincadefancynew.gifhttp://www.smartpakequine.com/images...ncy_1006_2.jpg

It looks like a decent bridle, especially for $44.49 including shipping. Plus, my horse is grey, so I have an idea of how it will look on her. :D

I've heard some differing opinions on them, though. Some people say that they're crap, and others love them and say not to bother wasting your money on something more expensive. I'd love to hear your guys opinions on Kincade tack, specifically their bridles.

Also, if anyone knows of any other decent quality, cheap brands, I'd love to hear them. Please keep in mind that I do need the bridle to be at least 46" from bit to bit, so an oversize or draft size option is a must.

smrobs 01-30-2009 03:30 AM

I don't know much about the brand but the picture looks to be pretty decent quality. If you are not having to have something withstand constant heavy use or lots of pressure, I think something inexpensive is fine. I have never spent any more than 50 dollars on a bridle and have never had problems but mine are priced differently (western tack). It looks fine to me. The only thing that I notice is that the bit appears to be stitched to the bridle and reins preventing you from changing bits but I could be wrong.

Ne0n Zero 01-30-2009 08:59 AM

My first bridle was Kincade.. Soft and supple as butter from the day I got it. It held up great and the reins were super soft. I loved it.

I say go for it.

xilikeggs0 01-30-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 241380)
I don't know much about the brand but the picture looks to be pretty decent quality. If you are not having to have something withstand constant heavy use or lots of pressure, I think something inexpensive is fine. I have never spent any more than 50 dollars on a bridle and have never had problems but mine are priced differently (western tack). It looks fine to me. The only thing that I notice is that the bit appears to be stitched to the bridle and reins preventing you from changing bits but I could be wrong.

Haha, I know the feeling. I'm currenty riding my horse in a $14 nylon bridle. The bit cost more than the bridle itself did.

And it's not stitched on, the leather goes around it and back up to the top. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

xilikeggs0 01-30-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ne0n Zero (Post 241435)
My first bridle was Kincade.. Soft and supple as butter from the day I got it. It held up great and the reins were super soft. I loved it.

I say go for it.

Thanks for your opinion.

Anyone else?

jchunterjumper 01-30-2009 03:40 PM

I like them for the price. They are definetly not the highest quality leather, but you cannot beat that price for such a nice looking bridle! I would just oil it often because it is not the best leather! Overall, I would say get it, I have one for my little pony and LOVE it!

xilikeggs0 02-01-2009 12:35 PM

Anyone else?

ShannonSevenfold 02-01-2009 12:41 PM

Wow. That's the bridle I'm looking at getting to go with my new saddle. I'll be interested to hear other people's opinions as well. =)

Gingerrrrr 02-01-2009 12:41 PM

i like the looks of it. looks like a nice bridle for $45.

upnover 02-01-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchunterjumper (Post 241665)
I like them for the price. They are definetly not the highest quality leather, but you cannot beat that price for such a nice looking bridle! I would just oil it often because it is not the best leather! Overall, I would say get it, I have one for my little pony and LOVE it!

I agree completely. It's not the best leather (i personally find it to be a little stiff and harder to break in then the higher quality brands) and my biggest pet peeve of cheaper brands is the keepers tend to be really small! (anyone else find that to be true?) It makes unbuckling anything a huge pain. But if you are looking for something that's decent without spending a lot of money it's a good choice. I'd much rather buy a cheap bridle then a cheap saddle.