The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   What do you guys think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/what-do-you-guys-think-217634/)

ICUWest7 06-21-2013 06:00 PM

What do you guys think?

I don't know what to call this documentary, i kinda wanna call it playing with horses, but it's all dutch subtitles... anyways i found it REALLY interesting.
You can watch it It's primarily about leadership through softness.
I'd have uploaded the video, but it's an hour long, so it wont upload.
I don't know if it's in the wrong category, but since it challenges a lot of 'traditional' training methods..i thought i'd put her here.
Anyways...thoughts?

Palomine 06-21-2013 08:04 PM

I would title it "good way to get hurt".

I don't believe in "playing" with horses. I am not a horse. They are not human.

ICUWest7 06-21-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palomine (Post 2860682)
I would title it "good way to get hurt".

I don't believe in "playing" with horses. I am not a horse. They are not human.

I believe that you can 'play' with your horse, making groundwork fun and engaging, but actually playing with your horse, like a horse would and letting a horse play with you like you're a horse is a big no no.

It's kind of fascinating though, listening to their take on things because it's so...off the wall compared to what I've heard from other trainers.

TBforever 06-22-2013 02:07 AM

this is what would happen to me if i played with miover and he gets exited

totalfreedom 06-22-2013 10:59 AM

Dang that poor woman.....that was one solid thunk too. You could just see that horse getting out of hand and the title just gave it all away.....though it wasn't funny.

"The Path of the Horse", is the name of the documentary in the first post. You can watch it without all the subtitles if they annoy you as they do me. I watched it a couple of weeks ago. I recall enjoying it.

ICUWest7 06-22-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalfreedom (Post 2863962)
Dang that poor woman.....that was one solid thunk too. You could just see that horse getting out of hand and the title just gave it all away.....though it wasn't funny.

"The Path of the Horse", is the name of the documentary in the first post. You can watch it without all the subtitles if they annoy you as they do me. I watched it a couple of weeks ago. I recall enjoying it.

Yeah I know...you could tell something was going to happen haha but OUCH. I saw someone get kicked like that once because they were beating on their horse with a crop after they fell off at their own fault and blamed the horse.

I thought it was pretty good, it doesn't completely turn me off from traditional training methods though like it was supposed to.