The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Clinton Anderson Success with Sambo (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/clinton-anderson-success-sambo-21797/)

SamboStar 01-30-2009 08:59 PM

Clinton Anderson Success with Sambo

I just wanted to ask...have you tried/had any success with Clinton Anderson?
Sam and I have tried it, and Sam is doing GREAT!! I can point at his hindquarters and he yields them, I can back him easily, yield his forequarters and we're working on lungeing. Maybe I can get some pics of us working.
Replies anyone?

MustangMan08 01-30-2009 09:03 PM

i have never done any of his techniques... but have often thought about trying them. I normally go with john lyons. have you ever tryed his?

SamboStar 01-30-2009 09:17 PM

I read a book by John Lyons, and I liked his ideas.
I've heard it said that some think that Clinton Anderson is too agressive. I don't think so, and if so, why let it bother you? He's not ordering their horse around. They can adjust anything to their scales, I think.

Spirithorse 01-31-2009 12:04 AM

I've never used his techniques and never will. Personally I can't stand the man and what he does. Just my opinion.

jazzyrider 01-31-2009 09:44 AM

each to their own. everyone finds a trainer that works for them and what works for them may not work for the next person.

if you and your horse are enjoying clinton then keep going. i personally enjoy clintons methods a lot more than some others. i combine them though with my own methods. everybody finds their niche though and for one person it may be parelli, for the next monty roberts and for the next clinton anderson.

do what works for you and dont be swayed by people who dont necessarily agree with your choice of trainer. at the end of the day they all preach the same thing with a few differences.

clinton is very easy on the eyes if all else fails lol

SamboStar 01-31-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzyrider (Post 242112)
each to their own. everyone finds a trainer that works for them and what works for them may not work for the next person.

if you and your horse are enjoying clinton then keep going. i personally enjoy clintons methods a lot more than some others. i combine them though with my own methods. everybody finds their niche though and for one person it may be parelli, for the next monty roberts and for the next clinton anderson.

do what works for you and dont be swayed by people who dont necessarily agree with your choice of trainer. at the end of the day they all preach the same thing with a few differences.

clinton is very easy on the eyes if all else fails lol

Thanks! That's very encouraging. I'm going to keep working at it. He's not the "Horse Whsiperer" type if you now what I mean.

Vidaloco 01-31-2009 08:25 PM

I've used his techniques from the dvd "training foals weanling's and yearling's" on all 3 of the filly's I have raised. So far all of them are doing great. I find him easy to understand and no-nonsense. You don't get a lot of fru-fru fluff in his teaching. He is very similar to Lyons, Chris Cox, Craig Cameron and many of the DVD trainers.
He can't be all bad, he's won the "Road to the Horse" competition more than any other trainer that I know of. I'm not sure if Parelli has ever even entered

zanyoutthere 01-31-2009 08:27 PM

I got most of my training tecniques from "Clinton Anderson", and they have ALL worked, yay lol

Spirithorse 01-31-2009 08:28 PM

Parelli did it once. His horse was sick and he couldn't do as much as he could have...IMO that's the only reason he didn't win.

zanyoutthere 01-31-2009 08:37 PM

Parelli seems to be a good horse trainer too, but Clinton Anderson's horsemanship i find more useful;)