The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Anderson Success with *****

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  starlinestables 
#1 ·
I just wanted to ask...have you tried/had any success with Clinton Anderson?
Sam and I have tried it, and Sam is doing GREAT!! I can point at his hindquarters and he yields them, I can back him easily, yield his forequarters and we're working on lungeing. Maybe I can get some pics of us working.
Replies anyone?

#3 ·
I read a book by John Lyons, and I liked his ideas.
I've heard it said that some think that Clinton Anderson is too agressive. I don't think so, and if so, why let it bother you? He's not ordering their horse around. They can adjust anything to their scales, I think.

#5 ·
each to their own. everyone finds a trainer that works for them and what works for them may not work for the next person.

if you and your horse are enjoying clinton then keep going. i personally enjoy clintons methods a lot more than some others. i combine them though with my own methods. everybody finds their niche though and for one person it may be parelli, for the next monty roberts and for the next clinton anderson.

do what works for you and dont be swayed by people who dont necessarily agree with your choice of trainer. at the end of the day they all preach the same thing with a few differences.

clinton is very easy on the eyes if all else fails lol

#6 ·
each to their own. everyone finds a trainer that works for them and what works for them may not work for the next person.

if you and your horse are enjoying clinton then keep going. i personally enjoy clintons methods a lot more than some others. i combine them though with my own methods. everybody finds their niche though and for one person it may be parelli, for the next monty roberts and for the next clinton anderson.

do what works for you and dont be swayed by people who dont necessarily agree with your choice of trainer. at the end of the day they all preach the same thing with a few differences.

clinton is very easy on the eyes if all else fails lol
Thanks! That's very encouraging. I'm going to keep working at it. He's not the "Horse Whsiperer" type if you now what I mean.

#7 ·
I've used his techniques from the dvd "training foals weanling's and yearling's" on all 3 of the filly's I have raised. So far all of them are doing great. I find him easy to understand and no-nonsense. You don't get a lot of fru-fru fluff in his teaching. He is very similar to Lyons, Chris Cox, Craig Cameron and many of the DVD trainers.
He can't be all bad, he's won the "Road to the Horse" competition more than any other trainer that I know of. I'm not sure if Parelli has ever even entered

#11 ·
I think its a very individual thing. Same as one college professor can be a favorite to some students and a bane to others.
Theres one fellow (I won't mention any names) who's voice just drove me crazy. He just droned on and on in a very flat tone of voice. Others are so busy trying to sell you something the message is completely lost.
I like learning as much as I can from as many sources as I can. If it works it can't be wrong :wink:

#12 ·
It's great Clinton Anderson worked for you!

Personally, I like Chris Cox & Dennis Reis, but if you really look at trainers, most of what they teach really isn't that much different than the others. Just a different way of presenting it. For example, I was watching Clinton Anderson teaching his neck flexion (horse nose to rider's toes). I was having a tough time getting my mustang to do it, so I was just gonna forget it. THEN I saw Chris Cox on a bucking horse & he stopped it cold with the "emergency break". I went out the next day & worked on it! Just a different way of presenting it.

I agree with Vidaloco: I like learning as much as I can from as many sources as I can. If it works it can't be wrong :wink:

#13 ·
I agree with some of the previous posters. Its pretty much the same stuff.. just explained differently. I personally like clinton anderson because he gets the job done with out alot of fluff. I personally think he is easy on the eyes if you know what I mean... which is always a plus when you have to listen to someone talk for hours...

IMO I don't think he is too agressive. He uses force with the right timing which is the most important. I would rather have a few unpleasant moments than months pleading and nagging a horse who partially listens only half of the time. I have a boarder who does clicker training and they have been doing the same thing for months... I'm not seeing any results! No thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.