The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   can I find my TWH's dam? (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/can-i-find-my-twhs-dam-21804/)

Lori1983 01-30-2009 09:38 PM

can I find my TWH's dam?

This is purely out of curiousity...I just bought my horse, Annie. Her registered name is "Carbon's Joy Occasion". I met her sire, as he lives at the farm I bought her from and is standing at stud. He's a big teddy bear and acts like a gelding.

However, I was wondering about her mom - her conformation, temperament, history. This is just out of curiousity, as I said, so not urgent or anything. I am a TWHBEA member, if that helps. I can't really find anything on the TWHBEA site. I tried google-ing, too...no luck.

Any ideas, or is it just not possible to know about her mom? I have her pedigree, of course, but since I'm new to the breed, it's just names on paper to me for the most part.

Thanks!

AFTER MIDNIGHT 2 01-31-2009 11:48 AM

Have you tried using the iPEDS on the TWHBES site. They have a horse search . Wasn't sure if you tried that, so I put your horses name in and found the dam's owners name. It is Mike Goins of Frankfort KY. Maybe the sire's owners still knows this man. I have two walking horses ( both spotted) and have used the iPEDS to find out info on my horses.

Lori1983 01-31-2009 12:14 PM

No, I haven't yet figured out the whole site. I know what you're talking about, though, and I will try it. I believe the owners are still in contact with Mike, but he wouldn't be hard to get in touch with anyways since I live so close to Frankfort. Thanks so much!!

southerncowgirl93 02-04-2009 10:00 PM

What is the Dam's name??

Lori1983 02-05-2009 05:52 PM

Pride's Happy Occasion

walkinthewalk 02-05-2009 08:57 PM

Lori, if you're interested in immersing yourself in Walking Horse history, WalkersWest has the best and most accurate compilation anywhere on the internet, IMO:D

Tennessee Walking Horse - Walkers West, breeders & brokers

I learned a lot about all three of my Walkers on this site.

I promise you won't get everyting read in a day or even a week unless it's all you do - lol lol

I hope you enjoy this site --- they have some great music too:D

southerncowgirl93 02-08-2009 04:32 PM

WalkersWest really does have some great information on their site. :-) Hmm.....well I'm not sure....I can ask one of my trainer friends to see if he can find out about her.

Lori1983 02-13-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinthewalk (Post 245760)
Lori, if you're interested in immersing yourself in Walking Horse history, WalkersWest has the best and most accurate compilation anywhere on the internet, IMO:D

Tennessee Walking Horse - Walkers West, breeders & brokers

I learned a lot about all three of my Walkers on this site.

I promise you won't get everyting read in a day or even a week unless it's all you do - lol lol

I hope you enjoy this site --- they have some great music too:D

Aw, thanks so much! Two of my favorite things combined...horses and reading. :D I will definitely check it out.