The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New member (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-member-218058/)

gordndeb 06-22-2013 01:23 PM

Hi I'm very glad I found this site. I became a horse owner for the 1st time 4 yrs ago. I've had to teach myself how to ride, the care of my horses etc. I have a 18yr old gelding and I rescued a 24 yr old mare. I'm having a time of my life. Just experienced a dog attacking my horse. Not fun. He's ok has a some stitches. Can't wait to meet u all
Posted via Mobile Device

crazy4mypaint 06-22-2013 03:36 PM

welcome, I am very new here as well, very friendly and warm welcoming site. Those darn dogs, sorry your horse was hurt. Very nice to meet you...
Posted via Mobile Device

gigem88 06-22-2013 06:00 PM

Howdy from Texas!

gordndeb 06-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4mypaint (Post 2865698)
welcome, I am very new here as well, very friendly and warm welcoming site. Those darn dogs, sorry your horse was hurt. Very nice to meet you...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi. My neighbor saw the dog again last night so i think I'll take my mare out tomorrow and go look around. How did you become a horse owner?
Posted via Mobile Device

gordndeb 06-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigem88 (Post 2866642)
Howdy from Texas!

Howdy Texas.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazy4mypaint 06-22-2013 11:25 PM

started my adventure falling off a pony when I was five and getting back on. I feel it is in my blood, My Mom owned a horse before I was born. After a session of lessons I was hooked. Owned my 1st Paso at 24...
Posted via Mobile Device

gordndeb 06-23-2013 12:56 AM

I never wanted to have a horse, never really rode a horse before, then all of a sudden I have two. LOL I can't imagine not having a horse in my life. My husband doesn't like or feel comfortable riding so I usually ride one horse and have the other one follow by lead rope. it works for us.

crazy4mypaint 06-23-2013 03:03 PM

They sure do grow on you fast, huh? Lol Perhaps your horses will grow on your hubby as well. Here is a thought, although being a man he might buck at. Was thinking maybe if you took him to a ranch for a lesson on a push button horse maybe he would feel more comfortable. Always a pleasure to ride with a partner and safer in pairs, never know what might happen. Just some food for thought. However lead rope works also. Men are stubborn, but then ago so are women. My boyfriend has been around horses most of his childhood life so I guess I am lucky in that retrospect. Good luck trying to convince yours. Might not be able to teach an old dog a new trick, but no one ever said anything about not being able to teach an old horse...lol just some fun humor for today. Enjoy your Sunday, safe riding...
Posted via Mobile Device

PaintHorseMares 06-23-2013 04:48 PM

Welcome from the Paint mares & son in NC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Northernstar 06-23-2013 04:53 PM

Welcome to the forum! So glad to hear your gelding is ok :)