The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   My new Betta boy! ^-^ (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/my-new-betta-boy-%5E-%5E-218170/)

rexing93 06-22-2013 06:08 PM

My new Betta boy! ^-^

4 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I bought a new Betta. He's a Double Tail Betta male and er, I'm not sure of his coloring. I call him "Piebald", but I was told he was possibly a marble!

Anywhoo. I will not bore you with tons of details and get right to the pictures.
Excuse my phones poor quality.
Enjoy!

At the store.
Attachment 217034

In his tank.
Attachment 217042

Attachment 217050

Attachment 217058

I have yet to name him, but I think I'm going to go for something "British". He just looks like a handsome fish that'd have an awesome accent. XD Don't judge my logic.

DraftyAiresMum 06-22-2013 09:08 PM

Beautiful blue marble. Expect his coloring to change in the extreme. I had a green marble that started out mostly white...within six months he was almost completely green (turquoise, actually, but the technical name of the color is green). I was a member of a couple of fish forums at the time and posted pics. A lot of people either thought I got a new fish or didn't believe it was still Captain Jack. I'll have to see if I can find pics.
Posted via Mobile Device

rexing93 06-22-2013 09:28 PM

*throws hands in the air* Yay! :D I've always wanted a marble but figured I'd never get one from my LPS--but now I've finally found my diamond in the rough. XD

But yes, please share photos of your marble! I'd love to see his changes. ^^

DraftyAiresMum 06-23-2013 01:14 AM

Captain Jack when I got him:
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...4/DSCF0458.jpg

Captain Jack after maybe six months:
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...22904/Jack.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

EdmontonHorseGal 06-23-2013 01:18 AM

beautiful betta boy! yep, definitely marble, and just you wait and see what he'll look like even a few months from now.

ensure his water quality stays good. minimum weekly water changes. bettas with white or opaque fins tend to get fin rot a lot easier than coloured fin bettas in my experience.

i had a female betta that was 100% completely white with transparent fins when i got her really young. within six months she started looking like a spotted dalmation. yep. black spots on white! but her fins always stayed that white opaque/transparent colour. it was really neat.

star16 06-23-2013 10:25 AM

He's gorgeous! When I was younger my dad and I gave my mom a red and blue male betta fish for her birthday, and I named him Cookie Shark. I don't know why, it just seemed fitting. Yours is such a gorgeous color! I found that Cookie was surprisingly friendly for a fish... even flirty!

DraftyAiresMum 06-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star16 (Post 2870234)
He's gorgeous! When I was younger my dad and I gave my mom a red and blue male betta fish for her birthday, and I named him Cookie Shark. I don't know why, it just seemed fitting. Yours is such a gorgeous color! I found that Cookie was surprisingly friendly for a fish... even flirty!

Bettas love their people and they love showing off. I had a gorgeous red rosetail that would display his fins for me (like he was courting), but that would get intensely aggressive and flair if anyone else approached his tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

EdmontonHorseGal 06-23-2013 05:56 PM

i have a couple of fish tanks and between the two my betta is one of the most personable fish. always swimming up to the glass to greet me and wiggling around when he knows it is food time.

in my other tank i have an oscar, and they are considered very personable too, people tend to call them 'fish dogs' due to their attention given to people. between the oscar and the betta, i don't know who 'likes' me more, lol.

rexing93 06-23-2013 06:28 PM

DraftyAiresMum- Captain Jack is an absolute stunner o.o

star16-Thank you! Bettas are probably some of the most personable fish I've ever came across. Each of mine have quite the personalities and I definitely agree with DraftyAiresMum that they are total show offs. Mine are the same way :P

EdmontonHorseGal-My boys do the same when it comes to feeding time, including my newest addition, Oliver (pictured above). They come straight to the tank, go crazy when they see any small container (even the plant feed/liquid CO2). o.o
Crazy little fellers. But I've never heard of Oscars sadly. Now I'm going to have to look them up. XD

EdmontonHorseGal 06-23-2013 08:00 PM

oscars are awesome. my guy is 12 inches nose to tip of tail fin. they are one of the larger cichlids. i've had my Gus (oscar) since 2009.