The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
-   Member Journals (/member-journals/)
-   -   Growth of Caldelero S & progress of young showjumpers (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/growth-caldelero-s-progress-young-showjumpers-218242/)

smaile 06-22-2013 09:43 PM

Growth of Caldelero S & progress of young showjumpers

8 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone.!
I`ve been meaning to start this thread for a while but never seemed to find a time for it.

So, as you can see, the main character of this thread is Caldelero S, he is first foal that I`ve bred myself, he was born on may 2nd. He has some top bloodlines in him - his grandsire is Chico`s Son from Chico`s Boy out of Landadel mare. And Caldeleros dam`s grandsire is Lithuanian showjumping champion of year 1990. Anyway here is Caldelero when he was one month old

Attachment 217154

Attachment 217162

And, at the moment I have also 3 riding horses:
Džīna: she`s 8 years old, but she has been a broodmare for last 2 years because her previous trainer said that she`s too dangerous to be ridden. So now I`m trying to get her back on track. :D She is nasty, I admit that, but if you are very disciplined around her she is being well... better. We are starting to jump a little already (I`m riding her for about 2 months).

Attachment 217170

This is Alberto - he`s 4 years old stallion, that I`m riding from the start. I have been working with him since January (I`m not sure) but we are progressing very, very slowly - we just started to jump. He is extremely sensitive and a little bit crazy too. :D

Attachment 217178

And this is Kastors - first horse that I`ve broken in. He is 5 years old now and we are still working together though he can be bought at any moment so,... Kastors is very stubborn gelding but also very talented. He has a nice jump and some competition experience up to 100 cm. He has one big flaw though - he can jump very well one day and then go crazy on the next one. For example in his first serious competitions he jumped veeeery well for a young horse, he did everything great. But, in the next one he just went all jump-yourself. We didn`t get over any obstacle, any - it was awful. But well - we are working on that. :D

Attachment 217210

Attachment 217226

Attachment 217234

Attachment 217250