The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Does your horse kiss you like a dog? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/does-your-horse-kiss-you-like-219129/)

katiebaby 06-24-2013 11:47 AM

Does your horse kiss you like a dog?

Hey, everyone. :-)

I been extremely busy with school and everything lately, so I haven't had time to write here, but, anyways, here goes...

My horse is a Belgian draft horse who stands 21 hands high, (he's a giant :-o), and he's the only horse I ever got to know who licks my face! It's really big and wet, and it kinda smells bad, but it's cute! I love it! Nobody else likes it, though, except one of my friends. Everyone thinks it's gross, so I have a special command I use to let him know when it's ok to kiss. Sometimes when I visit my horse, I bring a towel so I can clean up after his kisses. Call me weird, but there's something about horse kisses I just can't resist! :D:D:D

Anyway, I'm wondering, who here has this same (or similar) experience?

TTYL,
Katie

SannyDeeSmiler 06-24-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebaby (Post 2878217)
he's the only horse I ever got to know who licks my face! It's really big and wet, and it kinda smells bad, but it's cute! I love it!

OMG! LOL!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sounds too cool for words!!!

I don't have a horse, so I have no comment. I'm sure someone out there will have something to say, though. Hopefully.

Do you ride him? Or is he just your pet?

kayleeloveslaneandlana 06-24-2013 12:17 PM

First I would like to say welcome to the forum!

Now, I'm sure your horse isn't 21h, as the current tallest horse is 20 :).

Back on subject. I've taught my horse to kiss when I make the kissing sound. I love it, everyone at the barn thinks it's adorable. She also gives hugs. She started kissing after rides, probably to get all the salt off my face!

kayleeloveslaneandlana 06-24-2013 12:18 PM

Oops, double post.

toto 06-24-2013 01:37 PM

Ive had horses do that-- they like the salt thats on your skin.

SamBadger 06-24-2013 03:03 PM

I don't have a horse but theres a horse, Ronnie at the stables I go to and he loves to give me kisses, apparently he doesn't do it to anyone else but I adore him and always give him a bit more love than some of the others haha, sh, don't tell the rest of them.

LouieThePalomino 06-24-2013 03:05 PM

Theres a horse at the barn where I ride that will lick your hand if you put it under I
His mouth lol. Ive always thought it was cute but it could turn into nipping, so be careful
Posted via Mobile Device

Corporal 06-24-2013 03:06 PM

OK, I thought you meant "licking" your hand, when my QH, "Buster Brown" does. I don't want my horse licking my face!!!
Still, never had a horse lick ME before.

GamingGrrl 06-24-2013 03:08 PM

I let my horse lick my hand, but I wouldn't want his face in my face. I could easily imagine a bite or a broken nose....but I'm a worry wart safety freak. :lol:

LouieThePalomino 06-24-2013 03:14 PM

I also forgot to mention that the horse that licks my hand also laps up water like a dog, its pretty funny xD
Posted via Mobile Device