The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   My new Rocky Mountain Horse!! (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/my-new-rocky-mountain-horse-21968/)

ahearn 02-02-2009 09:44 PM

My new Rocky Mountain Horse!!

Hey guys!! Haven't been on in a while but I just bought a new RMH!!! I'm so excited! They are not very popular here in Texas, but I finally found a farm that breeds them!! He is Sorrel with Flaxen M/T. He is gorgeous and has the SMOOTHEST ride ever! I "test rode" him in an English Saddle (First time I ever tried that!) and I NEVER moved in the saddle!!! I honestly didn't know I was in an English saddle!!

Vida...I know you have them!! I've followed your posts over the years and thank you for introducing them to me! MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! They are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! They are Exactly what you said! INCREDIBLY smart too! I'll try to post pics soon!

g8ted4me 02-03-2009 01:09 PM

:D Woohoo - congrats!

I have 2 and am hooked also. I love all gaited breeds, but really find the rockies to be wonderful. I was supposed to only have one :shock:, but found out my mare was prego and it has been fantastic to have the little surprise- looking forward to my first real trail season with my mare as last year wasn't since the little guy came along.

Please post pictures soon- can't wait to see!

Remali 02-03-2009 01:22 PM

That's wonderful, I love Rockies! Looking forward to seeing pictures of him!

Vidaloco 02-03-2009 01:44 PM

Wooohoo another Rocky convert! :D
Whats his name? How old is he? Have you gotten him home yet? where are the photos??!!!! I feel like I got a new horse right along with you I'm so excited :lol:
I'm so happy for you. You'll never regret it.

ahearn 02-06-2009 01:44 PM

Darn it, I can't post the pics! I got him home on Saturday! I tried REALLY hard to acclamate him slowly to our herd! He's doing great! I actually think he's the peace maker. I came home yesterday and they were ALL laying down by each other. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED!!

Here's the link of where I got him. (Look under the For Sale link) His name is Ironwood's Reign AKA Reign....Vida you can see his lineage there...

www.ironwoodfarms.com

Hurry! Go there and tell me what you think!!!!

g8ted4me 02-06-2009 03:48 PM

Woohoo! Glad to hear that everything is going well. I really think you will fall in love with the Rocky personality- they certainly have won me over!

What a handsome guy!
:D

ahearn 02-06-2009 04:05 PM

Thanks g8ted4me!!!!!!!!!! I love him to pieces! He is so smart!

smrobs 02-06-2009 04:09 PM

He is very pretty and looks like a really smooth ride. Congratulations!!!

Dumas'_Grrrl 02-06-2009 04:42 PM

Oh he's BEAUTIFUL!!! :D Congrats!!! I just sold Dumas and Twister and I've been looking into Rockies as well!!! We could start our own HF herd!!! :lol:

I can't wait to see the pictures!!! Again, congrats on the handsome new fella!!!

Vidaloco 02-06-2009 08:02 PM

Wow, he is gorgeous! Love that mane, so much like Saro's. The daddy of our baby's have similar blood lines with Kilburns Chocolate Sundown in the lineage.
You are really going to enjoy him. There was no doubt he would fit into your family.
Have you ridden him since you got him home? We took our girls out the very next day with not a twitch in their attitude.
Are you going to call him Reign? Its a really cool name if you are, like rain only fancy