The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Neck Pain. Help! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/neck-pain-help-21975/)

My Horse, Gracey. 02-03-2009 06:23 AM

Neck Pain. Help!

So I have major neck pain.
Ive broken my neck several times, two..
Having a bike riding accident, breaking my neck.... Fracture actually.
The second time I was riding... Doing a hard stop. Went over the front of Gracey, landed on my head... Kinda... Broke T3 I think....
I'd Have to look.
Anyways. I was wondering if anyone knows of any medication that I could take to... Well... Take the pain away?
I was told a cyropracter.(sp) Would help that. Just have not gotten to it.
So long and I am sitting and having no pressure on my neck it feels better, but still has pain.
Any idea's? Most pain medications out there dont work. Not even Doc. Subscribed meds do the trick!.
I hate it.

Help ME!!!
Ugh.

Thanks alot...

I suck at posting...

Chad
-"My My, She is a Beauty."

Salty_alydaR 02-03-2009 09:34 AM

Go to the chiropractor. Or maybe try the acupuncture(sp?) thing I hear it works wonderss!!!

My2Geldings 02-03-2009 09:47 AM

I'm sorry to question your credibilaty but from what you posted and the way you typed out your thread, I highly doubt you "fractured" your neck and not only that but you said twice.
If you had had the injuries you described, your physicians would already have a chronic pain management program set up for you.

Go see your GP to get things taken care of instead of requesting advice on the web.
Cheers.

My Horse, Gracey. 02-03-2009 03:42 PM

Yeah I know i shouldnt ask for advice on the web about a neck... And yes, i have fractured it... Ugh.
No, it has healed, but fagile. Doctor's where i live tell you its in your head, in other words, your nuts. Thats wht they tell everyone. Ive been to the doc. alot. Exray's and all, all he says is its in my head. This is why I ask ppl online.

Chad
-"Ugh... I hate this..."

farmpony84 02-04-2009 09:17 AM

my sister-in-law broke her back at least once. (parachuting). Anyway, she has had surguries where they fuse the bones together to help ease the pain. The last one was all the way up in her neck, it's the last surgury they can do but you might want to ask the doc if that is an option for you.