The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   in need of show names for geldings (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/need-show-names-geldings-220818/)

BreannaMarie 06-26-2013 01:46 PM

in need of show names for geldings

4 Attachment(s)
the first is a black+white gelding, his name is DayKotah, he does western pleasure and once in a while attempts speed, he needs a show name...

the second is a red QH gelding, named Sheldyn, he is strictly speed only, he also needs a show name...

Any ideas???

EdmontonHorseGal 06-26-2013 04:27 PM

i'd say put some groceries into the red QH before even thinking of a show name for him, or riding him for that matter. he's much too skinny!

BreannaMarie 07-01-2013 12:25 AM

Ummm, yeah thanks. I plan on it. These are pics from when I rescued him. Hes looking better. I wasn't asking about his weight issue, I mean it doesn't take much see hes underweight, I was asking if anyone had any ideas for names..... soooo yeah.. but thanks.

Becca93 07-01-2013 06:56 AM

If you have any updated photos of him now that would make it easier to suggest some names for him!

Saddlebag 07-01-2013 08:48 AM

Just Plain Red

FeatheredFeet 07-01-2013 11:46 AM

When you say a 'show name', are you speaking of a registration name or a name to show at local shows where registration isn't necessary?

Obviously the chestnut horse would not be able to be shown for a long time, due to his condition. Up-to-date conformation pics would help when thinking of a registration/show name.

Do you like the pinto's current name or wish to include it in a show name?
Do you have a farm name? If so, you could name him something like, Green Valley Farm's DayKotah. Not sure I like DayKotah. If he were mine, I'd call him Harlequin Farms Best Dressed or Harlequin Farms Winchester. For a call name, you could call him anything which is easy.

Lizzie

farmpony84 07-01-2013 12:08 PM

How old is the Sheldyn? Is DayKotah pronounced Dakota?

Can you give some personalities on them? I love trying to come up w/ names.

BreannaMarie 07-05-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeatheredFeet (Post 2941402)
When you say a 'show name', are you speaking of a registration name or a name to show at local shows where registration isn't necessary?

Obviously the chestnut horse would not be able to be shown for a long time, due to his condition. Up-to-date conformation pics would help when thinking of a registration/show name.

Do you like the pinto's current name or wish to include it in a show name?
Do you have a farm name? If so, you could name him something like, Green Valley Farm's DayKotah. Not sure I like DayKotah. If he were mine, I'd call him Harlequin Farms Best Dressed or Harlequin Farms Winchester. For a call name, you could call him anything which is easy.

Lizzie

local show name (:

flytobecat 07-05-2013 09:54 AM

What kind of names are you looking for? What kind of shows will you be doing?

BreannaMarie 07-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 2941522)
How old is the Sheldyn? Is DayKotah pronounced Dakota?

Can you give some personalities on them? I love trying to come up w/ names.

Sheldyn is 16, hes very laid back until you ask him to 'go'. the lady who I got him from helped me recue him but he stayed at her barn for while when we first got him, she helps young kids and disabled etc. kids learn to ride and sheldyn was the one she would start them off with because hes so calm until you ask for speed, he knows all the patterns and everything and when I run the barrles/poles at home all I do is sit there and he does the rest :) hes very curious and likes making friends with just about everything that moves. he has 2 white pasterns(hind legs) and a star.

DayKotah is 12, pronounced Day-Ko-Tah, he is calm and relaxed one minute and the next he is freaking out(not standing still, just plain out not listening) but he only does when Im riding him in the pasture. he has attitude.. a lot of it, he is very studdy(he was proud gelded, bred once before he was gelded) he is curious about things and spooky at the same time. in the show ring he is perfect and does wonderful.