The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Rubber Tall Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/rubber-tall-boots-22113/)

Ne0n Zero 02-05-2009 08:38 PM

Rubber Tall Boots

Is this a good brand, does anyone know? And does it run true to size?

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product...cd2=1233882397

back in the crosby again 02-05-2009 08:45 PM

Don't buy these to ride in. If you want something to just muck out stalls with then they are great for that. I bought rubber boots just like this to ride in before and I really did not like them. They have no flexibility and due to being made out of molded rubber never really break in. I remember it being hard to keep my heels down because of it. Spend a little more and get the leather-like field boots. Another good option is to go on ebay and get a pair of used leather ones.

Ne0n Zero 02-05-2009 08:49 PM

I need something waterproof though. :| I have leather tall boots but I use them for show and don't want to keep getting them all muddy and stuff.

back in the crosby again 02-06-2009 07:42 AM

The leather-like (patent leather) field boots are waterproof and about $70. I just checked and State Line has a pair on sale for about $50. Several companies make them (TuffRider, Saxon, and Devon Aire are a few). I don't know of any company that makes a dress boots in the patent leather. I don't know why, they just make these rubber ones.

Ne0n Zero 02-06-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by back in the crosby again (Post 245961)
The leather-like (patent leather) field boots are waterproof and about $70. I just checked and State Line has a pair on sale for about $50. Several companies make them (TuffRider, Saxon, and Devon Aire are a few). I don't know of any company that makes a dress boots in the patent leather. I don't know why, they just make these rubber ones.

So... as ******ed as I sound, does field boot mean waterproof then and dress boots are the real leather?

RockinTheBit07 02-06-2009 03:01 PM

Yah dont get those rubber boots not worth it, I had a pair back when i rode in lessons.....awful! Not all padock/ field boots are waterproof, you need to look adn make sure it says "waterproof". I actually have a pair of Ariats like this one in the link but they arent kids size lol.... But they are waterproof.
Ariat International - Ariat® Arctic Zip Kids

Oh and dress boots/tall boots are not all real leather, I have a pair of synthetic leather (made it easier to break in lol) but they are the tie up and arent bulky like those rubber ones. I hope this helps!! Good Luck!

mls 02-06-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ne0n Zero (Post 246026)
So... as ******ed as I sound, does field boot mean waterproof then and dress boots are the real leather?

No. Field boots have laces from mid arch to above the ankle. Dress boots have no laces. Field boots are not approved foot wear for some shows.

I agree that you do not want to ride in these. Purchase muck boots and change into your riding footwear prior to mounting. There are also 'rubbers' you can purchase to go over the top of your footwear.