The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Survey :) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/survey-221266/)

dapples and greys 06-27-2013 12:05 AM

Survey :)

1. Do you own/lease/ride?
2. How often do you ride?
3. How long have you been riding for?
4. What dicipline do you do?
5. How old are you?
6. Do you compete?
7. Describe your horse/horses?
8. Do you listen to music when you ride?
9. What is your favorite song/s?
10. What is your next equestrian related goal?
11. When was your last fall? What happened?

dapples and greys 06-27-2013 12:36 AM

Anyone?

equestrianfriend 06-27-2013 01:23 AM

1. no:(
2. varies, every few weeks
3. around a year
4.anything
5.-
6.no
7. can't :)
8. sometimes on trails
9. anything 1D
10. Jump 60cm
11.my last fall was my first fall, I lost a stirrup at a canter and I didn't pull up:)

IRaceBarrels 06-27-2013 01:34 AM

1. Do you own/lease/ride? I own a mare
2. How often do you ride? 5-6 days a week right now
3. How long have you been riding for? on and off since I was 11
4. What discipline do you do? Western gaming
5. How old are you? 20
6. Do you compete? kinda. I plan to do more
7. Describe your horse/horses? Kali is a majestic painted 15hh unicorn. She can run barrels better than me and knows it. She can be a butt sometimes but she wants to please. She poops a lots.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? I listen to music if I'm walking. After than I feel like the music stops me from feeling my horse so I turn it off
9. What is your favorite song/s? changes daily
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? My next one? Wash my horse tomorrow, then its have a good practice. My long term is to just win something.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? I was cantering bareback. Kali likes to tell my seat by running into walls.

ThePaintGirl 06-27-2013 01:35 AM

1. Yes, own
2. Usually 5-6 days a week
3. 14 years
4. Western
5. 18
6. No
7. Young and painted
8. Sometimes
9. Anything that matches my mood
10. Compete
11. Almost two weeks go. At another town with riding club, got there Friday evening. Saddled up to practice for the rodeo the next day. Mare's hip went out and she started bucking. Stayed on for about 8 seconds, and even got it on video.

ellygraceee 06-27-2013 01:44 AM

1. Do you own/lease/ride? I own and ride.
2. How often do you ride? I ride once a month at the moment, but am getting back into it.
3. How long have you been riding for? I've been riding consistently for around 16 years total.
4. What dicipline do you do? I do dressage but have also competed in sporting.
5. How old are you? 20
6. Do you compete? Usually, but I'm on a three year break for uni.
7. Describe your horse/horses? Maggie is a 15yo, 16.2hh, bay Hanoverian mare. Barcoo is a 23yo, 15.3hh, chestnut Thoroughbred gelding. Toby is a 13yo, 16hh, chestnut OTTB gelding.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? Very rarely.
9. What is your favorite song/s? Lose Yourself - Eminem. Where the City Meets the Sea - Getaway Plan. Sad Rude Future Dude - Ballpark Music. Brother - Thundamentals.
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? To sell Toby and start competing on Maggie again.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? Two years ago. I asked Maggie to go from travers into a turn on the haunches and something in her mind snapped and she went into full panic with rearing and bucking. I came off on my shoulder and my helmetless head went between her hoof and a rock. I tore every fibre in my shoulder and I now have two lumps on my head.

NaeNae87 06-27-2013 01:52 AM

1. Do you own/lease/ride? Own
2. How often do you ride? 5-7 days a week
3. How long have you been riding for? 2 1/2 yrs
4. What disipline do you do? English - Eventing, Dressage and a little Unofficial Show Horse
5. How old are you? 26
6. Do you compete? Yes
7. Describe your horse/horses? GK - 15yr old grey Andalusian/TB/Riding Pony gelding. GK is brave, honest, quirky, sweet, temperamental, opinionated and cheeky
Bo - 10 yr old chestnut OTTB gelding. Bo is sweet natured, gentle, kind and trusting.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? Occasionally
9. What is your favorite song/s? Too many to list. Mostly stuff by Eskimo Joe, Pete Murray, Bruno Mars...
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? To compete Bo in Official Dressage and get GK competitive at Intro 1 level eventing
11. When was your last fall? What happened? 3 weeks ago. I was riding GK on the trails and GK spooked at a random dog. I wasn't expecting it and I hit the dirt.

Becca93 06-27-2013 08:16 AM

1. Do you own/lease/ride? I ride at the moment and looking to lease/own.
2. How often do you ride? At the moment weekly/fortnightly unfortunately.
3. How long have you been riding for? Somewhere between 13-15 years
4. What dicipline do you do? English - hoping to get into eventing
5. How old are you? 20
6. Do you compete? Not at the moment
7. Describe your horse/horses? I can't because I don't own atm.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? No.
9. What is your favorite song/s? See above.
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? To buy a horse, starting working towards competing.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? Its been a long time since I fell off a horse *touch wood*

Tracer 06-27-2013 08:44 AM

1. Do you own/lease/ride? Lease, and ride of course!
2. How often do you ride? At the moment, not as much as I'd like to due to the weather. But, weather permitting, usually 3+ times a week.
3. How long have you been riding for? I first rode a horse 'properly' (as in, not doubling or just going along for the ride) when I was 5. I've been riding at least a couple of times a year since then, a lot more often in the past few years.
4. What discipline do you do? I just ride, although I do want to get into some western riding, probably team penning.
5. How old are you? 21.
6. Do you compete? Nope. I find most competitions boring, plus until recently I didn't have a horse.
7. Describe your horse/horses? Dozer is a 15.3HH QH gelding in his early twenties. He's subtly cheeky, loves attention, and is most definitely lazy. He hates being ridden around in circles, and loves being out of the paddock/arena exploring.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? I've thought about it, but when I usually ride on roads, I can't afford any distractions because of traffic etc.
9. What is your favorite song/s? In general? It's too hard to say. But when I'm riding, I like to sing Tiny Tim's 'Tiptoe Through the Tulips'. Dozer doesn't much like it (or my singing!), so he usually focuses more on what he's doing for a change.
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? To go for a 10km 'trail ride'. Only gotten up to around 7 so far.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? I had ridden Dozer in to town to see how he handled the environment of the team penning competition that was going on. He was totally focused on the other horses that when a semi trailer went by, he shied. We were standing on a slope at the side of the road when it happened - he shied up the hill (towards the road, eek!), I overcompensated and went down the hill, hitting the chain link fence surrounding the showground as I came off. I bounced up the hill, then rolled down it to hit the fence again. It was a classic that could have gone horribly wrong. Luckily my mother and sister were there just in case something like this DID happen, and Dozer isn't a bolter, so he took a couple of steps and stopped.

MHFoundation Quarters 06-27-2013 08:52 AM

1. Do you own/lease/ride? Yes/no/yes
2. How often do you ride? I spend several hours a day in the saddle.
3. How long have you been riding for? Since before I could walk so 33 years. I started showing small fry w/t/c classes on my own at 5.
4. What dicipline do you do? Mainly western performance (my fam has raised cutting/reining bred QHs for 50+ years) but have also shown wp, hunt seat, jumpers, speed events, team penning, sorting, my favorites though are horsemanship & showmanship where it's all on me if I succeed.
5. How old are you? 33
6. Do you compete? Not at the moment, I have yearling & 2 yo prospects that I'm anxiously waiting on to grow up. My 2 yo will get a reining foundation but eventually become an all arounder for my daughter. My yearling is my personal prospect and plan at this point for her is reined cowhorse and toying with the idea of her being my 19 second pole horse.
7. Describe your horse/horses? Oh boy...there's a lot, all QH's but one. The old farts - Jana (26) was my youth reining horse but did it all, Buttons (24) was my wp futurity mare - they both now teach my youngest students the ropes. Missy -21 yo Hanoverian mare, jumper, my for fun horse & english lesson schoolie. Dynasty (17) the last son of my gpa's stud he started the family farm with, sire of my 2 prospects. Lacey (10) dam of my prospects, former team roping horse, now my hubby's trail horse. Woodstock (7) my pita, to hell & back horse (long story) last son of Hondo, my old man I lost at 31 back in April. Merit (2) future all arounder for my kiddo. Honor (1) my personal performance prospect. Stubby (21) 13.2 quarter pony all-arounder, my sister's show pony from our younger days, now my kiddo will be showing him.
8. Do you listen to music when you ride? Yes.
9. What is your favorite song/s? Depends on my mood and what type of ride. Anything from country to hard rock.
10. What is your next equestrian related goal? Get Merit under saddle & winning in the show pen. Patiently waiting on him to grow.
11. When was your last fall? What happened? 2 years ago, had a bad wreck with Woodstock. Found a hole, he went in to his knee and we both flipped end over end. Dislocated shoulder for me, blown out tendon for him. Before that it had been 8 years since the last one.