The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Endurance Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/)
-   -   Renegade Vipers (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/renegade-vipers-221450/)

Horsesaplenty 06-27-2013 11:07 AM

Renegade Vipers

Found this article about them with some pictures! I will call them today and see what they say...
Old Dominion ride report - RenegadeŽ Hoof Boots | Horse Boots

greentree 06-27-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks for the link!!

Nancy

phantomhorse13 06-27-2013 02:22 PM

I saw that rider and I think one other at the OD with renegades on. Wish I had known they were something new, as I would have gone over for a closer look!!

trailhorserider 06-27-2013 03:55 PM

I don't do endurance but our trails are so rocky here that my latest pair of Epics are wearing out at a record pace. I have 8.5 hours on them and they are already developing splits and cracks in the boot itself. I think this is the first set of boots that the boots themselves will destruct before the gaiters. Usually the gaiters go first.

Broke both buckles at 4.5 hours and EasyCare was kind enough to fix them for me. So their customer service is very good. But I dunno, I am getting tired of Easyboots. Not that I don't like them, because I DO........I have been using them for years. But it seems like my latest set are just getting bashed to pieces in the rocks. Only two rides on these boots and I have doubts about them holding up. I can see daylight in a couple of the gashes.

The point of this post is that I am ready to try the Renegades and maybe I will wait for the Vipers if they are out soon. I really, really need to find a boot that can hold up to rocks. Surely if they can do the Old Dominion they can do some rocky trail rides in Arizona? Our rocks are horrible though!

How are Renegades in rocks?

trailhorserider 06-27-2013 04:07 PM

Maybe a good question would be this......what is the best hoof boot for rocky, rugged trails?

Viranh 06-27-2013 05:09 PM

I wish someone knew. I'm wearing out my EasyBoot gloves really fast on the rocky ozark trails around here. I'm not even an endurance rider!! I'm beginning to wonder if they've changed the material. Seems like my old ones held up better. :(

trailhorserider 06-27-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viranh (Post 2911058)
I wish someone knew. I'm wearing out my EasyBoot gloves really fast on the rocky ozark trails around here. I'm not even an endurance rider!! I'm beginning to wonder if they've changed the material. Seems like my old ones held up better. :(

Ditto here! I used to get at least 6 months out of a pair of boots. Now two rides and they are looking ragged and have deep slices in them. Granted, we have been riding in a lot of rocks, but I really don't think that has changed from the past. It used to be gaiters is what wore out first, not the boots themselves. And I don't ride endurance either. :?

Saddlebag 06-27-2013 06:19 PM

Voice your concerns to EasyBoot. They can't address these issues if they don't know about them. Years ago a gal had to shoe her horse with rubber shoes. The looked clunky and heavy but weighed no more than a regular shoe. They lasted thro half a dozen resets. They seemed to be tough as tires.

Saddlebag 06-27-2013 06:45 PM

I'm not finding Vipers in their web site. Is it just a redone tread pattern adding a little more tread?

Horsesaplenty 06-27-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 2912194)
I'm not finding Vipers in their web site. Is it just a redone tread pattern adding a little more tread?

They are not available on site yet. That's why I posted the link so that people could see them. I didn't get around to calling today...way too much outside work today in the fields.

They definitely have more aggressive tread. Check out the link.