The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Coming 4 never rode...how much??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/coming-4-never-rode-how-much-22181/)

allflashypine 02-07-2009 10:48 AM

Coming 4 never rode...how much???

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1358500 - A Duplicate Portrait

I am a little interested in her, however, this horse has never been rode even though she is 4!!! I feel like they have her overpriced. She looks nice and good pedigree. Also, 15.2 at 4 years...so she won't be much taller and for an HUS prospect that's about as short as you can go to even be considered in the top. I just sold a Radical Rodder gelding with three plus months training for $1100...and he was a super deep and slow loper almost ready to show. What does anyone else think?

smrobs 02-07-2009 06:40 PM

Eh, I think she is way overpriced to have not even been started yet. You can go to almost any sale and get a well bred horse that is not started for less than 500. Some go for less than 100 around here. She is a good looking mare but that is a little much for an untrained horse in this market (I think).

morganshow11 02-07-2009 06:59 PM

yes i agree with,smrobs. it agrivates me, how some peoples horses are ya know like 2-6 and not trained!

appylover31803 02-07-2009 07:55 PM

I dont understand this. They have no time for her (as she isn't started) yet she'd make a good prospect for a hunter.
Yet, they are also willing to trade for a aqha (which she is) for a HUS prospect...
I know Hunter and HUS are two different clases, but one is with fences and the other without, so I dont understand.

I do agree that she is overpriced. I would say on the high end, they could get 1k for her, on the low end anywhere from $5-800

She is pretty, but not sure if its the picture or not, but she stand under herself in the rear legs.

Rebelappy 02-07-2009 09:10 PM

i agree with appy on the price with todays market like it is they are very hopeful i would say cause broke horses that have been shown and proven are going any where from 1500 up but that is also broke and ready to step in to the arena she is a doll but i wouldnt give them that if you do decide to look at her as a prospect barter the price if they really wanna sell her they will come down or have a un broke horse for quiet sometime

allflashypine 02-07-2009 09:18 PM

Thank you all...I totally agree. I now see that hole about trading for the exact same thing...HMMM. Why is this horse not considered for HUS??? I'm thinking that it might have an issue or flaw in movement or conformation...maybe. I just can't understand why someone would wait that long to start it....atleast put a saddle on it. This horse isn't even tall at all so it's not like they are waiting for her to grow...I'd even say a short pleasure horse in some cases. I will say that she is super cute. Proven sibling...nice...decent bloodlines...not exactly 'name brand' though. What's to say someone can go to a GOOD auction and find something almost finished for this price. Okay I realize I'm talking about $1500 dollars but this market today is horrible! This just sort of urgs me in a way.

appylover31803 02-07-2009 10:18 PM

if they didn't say anything about trading, I would just say that she's over priced. The fact that she's 4 and not started may be a good thing. You know that they didnt start her too young therefore not doing any strenous work. Her joints are most likely all closed and probably in good condition too.

But she could be a wild child and they tried to start her, but couldn't, which might be why they think she'll be good over fences and not over the flat.

If you go to an auction with 1500, you'll come home with more than 1 nice finished horse....

allflashypine 02-07-2009 10:35 PM

Well I emailed the lady and just asked a few questions on why trading for exact horse and why its never been rode. Also, if she could reduce the price on her. Well I got a very rude email back stating that she was sorry that I can't afford a finished horse. HMMMMM.....lets rethink this...her horse is 4 and never had a saddle on her realitively short horse! WOW! Reality Check!...And I do have several finished horses that I pay well over $3000 a month on for training. Money isn't the issue.

CheyAut 02-08-2009 12:05 AM

I find it nice that she's 4 and has yet to be started. I think people start horses too young. My 4 y/o has been started, yes, but very lightly, I haven't even cantered her yet. JMO but I felt like stating it :)

I also caught the part about trading for what they already have... makes no sense! Can't believe they were rude back to you, sheesh!

Got2Gallop 02-08-2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheyAut (Post 246996)
I find it nice that she's 4 and has yet to be started. I think people start horses too young. My 4 y/o has been started, yes, but very lightly, I haven't even cantered her yet. JMO but I felt like stating it :)

I agree, my filly is coming 4 in April and I've just started with saddle and bridle on her. I think many people start horses way too early for long term soundness. There is still plenty of ground work and manners you can work on while you let them mature a bit.