The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   New Bottle-Baby(Kitten) (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/new-bottle-baby-kitten-221842/)

DayDreamer 06-27-2013 09:19 PM

New Bottle-Baby(Kitten)

1 Attachment(s)
I seem to regularly get "stuck" bottle feeding orphaned kittens. LOL. It usually happens about 2 or 3 times a year. I generally have 2 at a time, or more. But this time it's just little "Cowboy"! He's the baby of one of our barn cats(who was supposed to be getting spayed months ago...but thats another story), any way, she's had 3 little babies. 2 girls, and 1 boy. The girls are nice sized, but Cowboy is the runt. :( Hes about half the size of the other 2, and they push his off the teats, then Mom kicked him away. When one of the girls at the barn tried to hold him in place so he could nurse, he wouldn't latch on right and fell away. Sooo, I go out to help feed tonight, and they tell me about the new babies(which are only 2 days old) and how bad the little one was doing...And my "Sucker" sign started flashing over my head. I went to take a peak at him, and couldn't leave him to die that way! So I brought him home, got him a nice meal of bene-bac and KMR, and he's happily sleeping on a heating pad in a box. I hope he makes it, but I am always realistic about these situations.

Here's the little baby!

Godgirl 07-13-2013 06:58 PM

if you try taking the two other kittens away maybe mom will let him nurse.

tinyliny 07-13-2013 07:34 PM

I hope he makes it. he is frighteningly thin.

redpony 07-13-2013 07:46 PM

He's tiny for sure! But what a little cutie, kudos to you for trying to help him out!

Little Jane 07-13-2013 08:21 PM

Good luck with him!

My friend found an orphaned kitten at a tractor show, of all places. She had been abandoned in a man's trunk, and he was at a loss as to how to take care of her. She's doing well now ... hope this little guy makes it, too!