The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Cash under saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/cash-under-saddle-22254/)

StylishK 02-08-2009 07:23 PM

Cash under saddle

It's Cash being ridden!! (my 2YO) yay!

Now he's only been cantered like 3 times, so my trainer isn't really pushing anything anywhere more getting him used to canter.

And I believe he probably hasn't had a bit in more then 2 or 3 rides either he was just in a sidepull kind of thing.

How does he look??

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g132/kimberley10/Cash2/?action=view&current=cashersbeingridden_0001.flv

Also, please no rude comments about a horse being ridden at 2 I don't want to start any arguements

LauraB 02-08-2009 07:48 PM

Wow, you should be proud of him. I love those nice ssslllooowww legs! I am remembering correctly that he is by OHK?

StylishK 02-08-2009 08:27 PM

I am def. proud of him!! :) And that whole time in the video ice/snow was falling off the roof and he didn't even care. I wish I could be at the barn everyday to see him, but univeristy messes that up ahha!

His legs were always pretty slow but as he's gotten stronger they've gotten slower which is awesome.

He is by OHK, out of a mare who produce 2 top 10 world finishers in WP (by IO)

LauraB 02-09-2009 10:28 AM

You are going to have one nice horse there when he is finished!

Dumas'_Grrrl 02-09-2009 01:09 PM

Congrats!!! He's looking just fantastic! :D

mls 02-09-2009 02:38 PM

I would be proud of your colt. The way the riders hands are jarring, no way he's not hitting your colt in his mouth. I know colts are not very balanced but if the guy riding his is a trainer, his hands should be quiet.

StylishK 02-09-2009 07:36 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

And um mls, to me his hands are pretty quiet, the only times they aren't are when my guy doesn't really want to turn. Or maybe setting his head a little at the jog. He's on a pretty loose reing the whole time. And maybe even lifting up and down with the motion because it helps balance the horse. He is allowed to take his face a little bumping nothing wrong with that.

I don't see what you see at all, like at all ahah, we all have different eyes though.

bgood400 02-09-2009 07:59 PM

I like OHK babies. He looks like he is coming along nicely. It looks like he will be a nice one when he is finnished. and I don't think that he is being rough with his hands. He is making sure the horse is going forward and setting his head occasionally. If you dont start setting the head now there gonna think they can carry it up in the air all the time.

I Love Lane 02-09-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 247840)
I would be proud of your colt. The way the riders hands are jarring, no way he's not hitting your colt in his mouth. I know colts are not very balanced but if the guy riding his is a trainer, his hands should be quiet.

i think that we may have been watching two different videos :shock: tje only time he touched him was to set him or lift him up - would you rather he let him get down on his front and fall over because that was the alternative to all the times i saw him pick up on him.

Anywho - i think he is super cute :-P he shows a lot of talent - cant wait to see him ready for the pen :lol:

StylishK 02-09-2009 11:49 PM

Thanks everyone :) :)