The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I am getting very annoyed! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-am-getting-very-annoyed-22299/)

kourtneylynnxxx 02-09-2009 07:17 PM

I am getting very annoyed!

I am on my APHA Plus and am looking up horses I've had in the past. We now own three horses. Only two are registered.
It shows that four of the six paint horses we have sold are still in our name. I wish people would change that so I knew where they were!

LauraB 02-09-2009 08:31 PM

I had an APHA mare that I sold for quite a bit and her papers were never transfered as of the last time I checked. I let my membership expire, if I pm you the name will you look her up and see if she has ever produced a foal?

toosleepy 02-09-2009 08:36 PM

i hate how they made you have to get an additional membership to look things up on the net.

firebird96ta 02-09-2009 08:39 PM

I can see both sides of the argument...I'm also searching for a horse I used to own, a TW, and no one has transferred the papers since I sold him, it must have been 6 years ago or so. Pretty difficult to find a solid black TW, lol. Besides, I'm pretty sure he went through a trader's hands at one point and they could have thrown away/lost the papers; his people may not even know he's registered...
On the other hand, I just got a registered Belgian gelding who is 6 and hasn't had his papers updated since he was an 8-month old colt...I've looked into updating it, but after the membership fees/transfer fees/gelding status update fees, I'm looking at a couple hundred bucks and I can't justify that amount for what amounts to just a piece of paper since I don't show, etc.
Have you tried horsereunions.com? Might be able to find your old 'friends' on there...

kourtneylynnxxx 02-09-2009 10:59 PM

LauraB, yes I will. I just tried to get on and it for some reason is down at the moment, but as soon as I can get it up I will send the info to you.

LauraB 02-09-2009 11:12 PM

Thanks!