The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Whats the weirdest thing your horse has done? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/whats-weirdest-thing-your-horse-has-22322/)

happygoose123 02-10-2009 12:12 AM

Whats the weirdest thing your horse has done?

What is the weidest thing you horse is done? things that you never thought was even possible.
When i was out on a trail with a couple of friends we were cantering in an open paddock. one of my friends was cantering in front and i was cantering next to my other friend. My friend next to me was riding one of my horses Banjo. Banjo kicked up a stick that was on the ground while we were cantering and it hit his back leg. then he was cantering on 3 legs!!!!!!! :shock: he lifted up the one that got hit but kept going!!! He put it back down after about 6 or 7 more strides. it was like he hit his leg, lifted it up and said "ow ow ow ow ow" then got over it, put it back down and kept going! It was so weird!!!! :? I thought horses couldnt even walk on 3 legs let alone canter on 3 with someone on his back!!!! We all just laughed, it was funny!! :lol:

Andi 02-10-2009 12:34 AM

Your story kind of reminded me of a time with one of my previous horses, Jezabella. I bought her as a yearling and she never really hurt herself ever, then one day I came out to the paddock and called her (she always trotted up) but this time she just looked at me and neighed and me a few times, so I walked down to have a look at her. On one of her front legs she had a little cut, I mean small as, maybe from a twiggy branch or something, but she was just resting her front foot on her toe. So I thought I would take her up and hose it off. I started walking her and she hobbled along on like three legs, putting almost no pressure on her front leg, you have never seen a more lame horse. I thought she was going to fall over. I started to worry about her, maybe something else was wrong, so I got her to the yards, hosed of her leg. She just stood for about ten minutes with her leg in the air while I hosed her. I gave her dinner and after it her leg was fine and she was not even limping. She was just being a little wimp.

nijinsky3 02-10-2009 12:51 AM

He got from the other end of a huge jumping arena to me before a pitbull who was attacking me got to me. The dog was only about 40 feet away from me when Nijinsky pinned his ears, bared his teeth and came charging at me, when I turned to run out of the arena (thinking my horse must have gone rabid) I saw the dog. I stopped and turned back to see who was gonna kill me first and my horse was passing me...curving his body around me to get in front of me before the dog got to me. I looked down and remember seeing very clearly his hoof print about an inch or two from my foot. His mane was a little long at the time, about 10 inches, and it stung my eye as he ran by me. After that day I never questioned his judgement, and he never let another dog near me. :)

lilmtmustangs 02-10-2009 01:30 AM

those gotten me giggling. cute.

happygoose123 02-10-2009 02:18 AM

Lol andi thats the funniest thing!!! my Chucky is a massive sook as well ut he ahs never done anything like that lol!! He would like limp or something then he would like forget and be fine until i say something and he would remember and start limping again, and its such a fake limp!! he hasnt done that for a while tho. lol!!!

happygoose123 02-10-2009 02:19 AM

awwwwwww nijinsky that is so sweet!!!! your horse must really love you!!!

georgiakh 02-10-2009 04:18 AM

well this isnt really unthinkable, but my horse is really funny about chickens. when they come in her paddock she pins back the ears and gallops for her life up to them and tries to stomp on them, they run out i a flash with feathers flying EVERYWHERE!! hehe when i saw it i was hurting from laughing so hard!

happygoose123 02-10-2009 04:44 AM

lol thats funny georgiakh!!!! maybe the chickens are mean to her!!! lol! Poor chicken

LauraB 02-10-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiakh (Post 248366)
well this isnt really unthinkable, but my horse is really funny about chickens. when they come in her paddock she pins back the ears and gallops for her life up to them and tries to stomp on them, they run out i a flash with feathers flying EVERYWHERE!! hehe when i saw it i was hurting from laughing so hard!

My mini gelding (was a stallion at the time) actually murdered a chicken. There were feathers everywhere in his pasture but poor Charlie the Chicken's body was found in Rusty's stall. We are thinking the pasture was the murder scene but that Rusty carried him around for a while.
http://www.speedwayfarm.com/rustywinter.jpg
Rusty is now behind bars as a convicted felon, lol.

Jubilee Rose 02-10-2009 01:29 PM

Oh boy... let me tell you! I was riding Jubilee through some large puddles of water in the paddock. As we went through one, she stopped and kept striking at it and splashing herself (it was a hot summer day). Suddenly... she crouched down and SAT IN IT!! With me on her back! :shock: I got off as quick as I could and doesn't she roll, in the middle of this muddy puddle, with all her nice tack on!!! Her whole one side was COVERED in muck! And I was pretty much soaked as well. What a pair we two looked!!!