The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Possible QH Purchase (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-possible-qh-purchase-223330/)

The Robyn 06-30-2013 07:53 PM

Critique Possible QH Purchase

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all~ I'm in the process of trading my mare for this gelding. He's a Youth Halter Champ and I think he's nice looking but I want to know what YOU think. Attachment 222314

Attachment 222322

Thank you!

FeatheredFeet 06-30-2013 08:28 PM

Well he's pretty, except he toes out in all four feet and is sickle hocked. Something about his hooves worry me but I can't see them very well. I'd also like to see less upright, short pasterns. I wonder how he achieved championship status. Is this what I hear about all the time, with halter horses? Maybe they are a little more lenient, with youth showing.

Lizzie

lovexlaugh 06-30-2013 08:30 PM

He looks very nice, but I agree with Feathered Feet, his hooves are a bit odd.

Endiku 06-30-2013 09:43 PM

Seems to me like his front half and back half don't match. I can't put my finger on why though. Maybe its his steep withers that are throwing me off?

I'd pass him up just because of those feet though. I won't touch a QH with tooth pick legs.

My2Geldings 06-30-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Robyn (Post 2935722)
Hey all~ I'm in the process of trading my mare for this gelding. He's a Youth Halter Champ and I think he's nice looking but I want to know what YOU think. Attachment 222314

Attachment 222322

Thank you!

Can you post some conformation photos for us? I would love to give you a good critique, but will only do it if you can get us some good photos :D

CandyCanes 07-01-2013 09:02 AM

There's something not quite right about him. I can't quite put my finger on it.
He is sickle hocked, but not too badly.
His front and back end just don't match. I think that's why he looks not quite right to me.

The Robyn 07-01-2013 09:58 PM

Unfortunately, some of the halter judges like the upright pasterns. I have another Paint gelding with the same pasterns and he was popular in halter shows. I personally don't like them. I will get some additional pictures when I go out to try him. He's currently owned by a farrier, so I hope his hooves look better in person. Thanks for the feedback!

Skyseternalangel 07-01-2013 11:08 PM

The feet look short and with under run heels.. at least from what I can see.

His legs look a bit twiggy but other than that he has a nice short body with a big booty.

Which horse are you trading for him?

toto 07-01-2013 11:40 PM

i dont know why everyone hates his feet-- hes got really nice bare feet!

a little sickled but his overall balance is nice.

The Robyn 07-01-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 2947970)
The feet look short and with under run heels.. at least from what I can see.

His legs look a bit twiggy but other than that he has a nice short body with a big booty.

Which horse are you trading for him?

I'm trading my Paint mare for him of everything works out.