The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   5 panel test results (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/5-panel-test-results-223770/)

LuvMyPerlinoQH 07-01-2013 10:10 AM

5 panel test results
 
I tested both Light Hershey's Kiss and Bills Boston Bar, Dualing Lil HighBrow has previously been tested and is N/N on all 5.

Light Hershey Kiss is N/N on all 5 so baby Mia (no reg name yet that's her barn name) will be N/N on all as well.

Bills Boston Bar came back N/G for Gbed and N/N on the rest so in light of this info he will be gelded no matter how well he is doing in reining cow horse, I just cant justify the chance of that being passed on.

If you breed QH's or other stock type affected by any of the disease's in the 5 panel I strongly urge you to test if you have a mare or a stallion its the right thing to do it will only better the breed and rid us of these diseases. AQHA is requiring any stallion breeding 25 or more mares for 2014 to have it on file with them and every stallion in 2015. I took mine a step further and tested my mare as well I know they want all stallions tested but imo mares need to be required to test as well because there are a lot of tested stallions who are carriers of these that are still used for breeding you have to be aware of your mares status to make sure any resulting foal will not be affected.

phantomhorse13 07-01-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvMyPerlinoQH (Post 2940730)
Bills Boston Bar came back N/G for Gbed and N/N on the rest so in light of this info he will be gelded no matter how well he is doing in reining cow horse, I just cant justify the chance of that being passed on.


Thank you for being a responsible breeder!! I only wish others would share this view and think about bettering the breed and not just their pocketbooks.

Glynnis 07-02-2013 12:54 PM

Totally agree with you. I had my mare tested before breeding as well. She is an Arab paint cross, but not knowing a ton about her sire's side, I had her tested. I figured the $95 it cost for the test was well worth it considering the potential vet bills involved. Luckily, she came back n/n on everything and the stallion I bred to is n/n as well. Good for you for being responsible and deciding to geld your horse. That must have been a difficult decision to make, but like you said, it's not worth the risk.
Posted via Mobile Device

LuvMyPerlinoQH 07-02-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glynnis (Post 2951770)
Totally agree with you. I had my mare tested before breeding as well. She is an Arab paint cross, but not knowing a ton about her sire's side, I had her tested. I figured the $95 it cost for the test was well worth it considering the potential vet bills involved. Luckily, she came back n/n on everything and the stallion I bred to is n/n as well. Good for you for being responsible and deciding to geld your horse. That must have been a difficult decision to make, but like you said, it's not worth the risk.
Posted via Mobile Device


It was easier than you'd think. That 95 bucks is worth it when you wait 11 mths and it would suck to go thru everything to only lose a foal to one of these diseases.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0