The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique for my Morgan yearling. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-my-morgan-yearling-223970/)

ParaIndy 07-01-2013 04:00 PM

Critique for my Morgan yearling.

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some conformation critique for my Morgan colt, Indy. He is 99% Foundation bred, is 7/8 Lippitt, and he just turned 1 year old on the 28th. Also, how do you think his weight looks for a yearling?

Thanks!

Moveurasets 07-01-2013 09:58 PM

Ah he is so cute!! Looks good to me but I am not good at this stuff lol

ParaIndy 07-01-2013 10:21 PM

CandyCanes 07-02-2013 06:55 AM

He's a nice fellow. Obviously very gangly and long legged at the moment, as he's a yearling, but he'll grow into himself.
I'd like a picture from behind, as his tail looks a bit funny.
He might have a slight ewe neck, but I really can't tell.

MissingStar 07-02-2013 07:20 AM

I'll leave the critique to the experts, but on a scale of handsomeness, I reckon he scores pretty high! Not so sure about his pinto buddy in the background though . . :wink:

ParaIndy 07-02-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissingStar (Post 2949458)
I'll leave the critique to the experts, but on a scale of handsomeness, I reckon he scores pretty high! Not so sure about his pinto buddy in the background though . . :wink:

Yes, that is a Alpine wether....his nickname is bonehead.:-)

ParaIndy 07-05-2013 01:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyCanes (Post 2949394)
He's a nice fellow. Obviously very gangly and long legged at the moment, as he's a yearling, but he'll grow into himself.
I'd like a picture from behind, as his tail looks a bit funny.
He might have a slight ewe neck, but I really can't tell.

Here are some pictures from the back. They aren't very good but they were all I could get.

ParaIndy 07-14-2013 06:30 PM

Anyone else?

freia 07-14-2013 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm so-so at comformation specifics,

But...

He looks sooooo much like my Morgan filly when she was a yearling, and she turned out might mighty fine - strong, healthy, and with lovely, smooth gaits. If I compare my old pictures, about the only thing I see different is that my filly had a more arched, longer neck. I don't know which is "correct" for the breed at that age.

mudpie 07-15-2013 03:59 AM

Hey! Can't say much about proper Morgan conformation, but he looks really similar to my mother's mare, who is 3/4 Lippit :) Even the mane and tail look similar, as well as his fetlock hair. Must be a Lippit thing!

Really cute!!