The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Right side of my face has gone numb (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/right-side-my-face-has-gone-224754/)

alexischristina 07-02-2013 06:02 PM

Right side of my face has gone numb

Well I woke up this morning and my right side of me face was completely numb. Now it's just 'tight' and I can't really move it (lift my eyebrow, close my eye all the way or at all when I try to just close one), I can't suck through a straw or lift the right side of my lip.
It's a little alarming for myself at least, but nobody else seems too fussed, so I have to wait for my dad to get home to take me to a clinic. The vision in my right eye is a little cloudy and there's a bit of 'pressure'.

I had to work a six hour shift of talking to customers and everything I say sounds slurred.
I doubt the horse forum will be too helpful :lol: but I thought I'd share my unfortunate situation until I can get it figured out.
Posted via Mobile Device

cakemom 07-02-2013 06:18 PM

Hmmm...any drooping? How old are you and have you had a fall or any dental work recently?
Posted via Mobile Device

Saddlebag 07-02-2013 06:24 PM

Bell's Palsy or Shingles. Shingles involves pain. Except for the pain, the symptoms can be similar.

~*~anebel~*~ 07-02-2013 06:25 PM

Could also be migraine.
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 07-02-2013 06:29 PM

I turn twenty in a week, and I haven't had any dental work recently. It's very strange.
Posted via Mobile Device

smrobs 07-02-2013 06:31 PM

I don't know, but I hope you can get it figured out. Random numbness is never "nothing to worry about" as it can be a symptom of so many things.

That's how my Mom's Multiple Sclerosis started...random numb spots on her legs and back.

alexischristina 07-02-2013 06:40 PM

Well we're at the clinic now, the wait is pretty long but oh well.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaydee 07-02-2013 06:44 PM

Keep us updated, I hope its nothing too serious, at least you're getting checked out
I can remember a friend at school having something similar and it was a type of migraine caused by an allergic reaction to something she'd eaten though I cant recall what it was - too long ago.

cakemom 07-02-2013 06:48 PM

Yes please let us know. Definitely nothing to play around with.
Posted via Mobile Device

waresbear 07-02-2013 06:48 PM

Waiting to hear what the doc says.....