The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   He's home !!!!!! very pic heavy (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/hes-home-very-pic-heavy-22485/)

belgianlover 02-12-2009 07:25 PM

He's home !!!!!! very pic heavy

6 Attachment(s)
I finally got to go get my belgian baby. Actually hes not a baby he will be 6 this may. He has been with the amish for the past 3 almost 4 years. Well we went to the field and he came right to me, i had to borrow a friends halter and it barley fit as you can see in the pics. He walked up to the trailer and had this look like OH HELL NO, but he still walked up to it sniffed and snortted a bit and walked right in as if he had done it a thousand times. We had tied him to the front and when my friend went to come out he tryed to follow getting stuck in the process. SO he started to really move around and we had to untie him and redo it. But he trailered really good all the way home and he even backed out of the trailer really good. We played with him a bit brushing him and loving on him, and then my firnd got brave and decided to see if she could get on him, as you can see in one pic it took our little step and a cinder block. It was so funny but he did great never moved an inch. We finally put him in the field with our clyde filly and arab cross mare, our mare is in heat so yea she wanted him badly, and was very fiesty, but our clyde didnt really seem to care. He even made new friends with my neighbors horses as you can see. im hoping to be able to have a saddle on him by next weekend. And i'll keep you all updated as we progress. I cant express how happy i am to have him home finally, and i think he feels it too.
Attachment 4002

Attachment 4003

Attachment 4004

Attachment 4005

Attachment 4006

Attachment 4008

PoptartShop 02-12-2009 07:48 PM

What a cutiepie. Man, he's huge!!! :O He looks so fluffy! :D Ouchies at the kick, lol.

english_rider144 02-12-2009 07:56 PM

drool! god hes gorgeous!

My2Geldings 02-12-2009 09:15 PM

How exciting! I'm jealous! Congrats on your new addition, he looks like a sweet sould. Stunning boy. Looking forwards to seeing more photos of him in the future :D

belgianlover 02-12-2009 09:23 PM

yea hes such a lover, and supprisingly she missed him on that kick, and he didnt even move much, he dont seem to be afraid of getting kicked from the other horses. thanks =)

danastark 02-12-2009 09:32 PM

Congrats on getting him home! It's been a long time in coming, huh? Now you'll have someone to ride and pony that filly off of. Have you named her yet?

belgianlover 02-12-2009 10:06 PM

i think im going to keep her name fancy, i kinda like splash better but fancy has always been her name and tome its like me trying to change my babys name. So yea now i have fancy and Ben. lol

danastark 02-13-2009 11:58 AM

You could call her "Fancy Splash" if you ever show her :)

firebird96ta 02-13-2009 06:24 PM

He's gorgeous! I hope my John gets that much feather on his legs!

Dreamer1215 02-13-2009 06:32 PM

Handsome boy there! I can't believe she missed with that kick though. What an action shot.