The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Why Does My Instructor...? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/why-does-my-instructor-224850/)

xxImAnEquestrian 07-02-2013 08:52 PM

Why Does My Instructor...?

Alright, so, I dont know if I am posting this in the right forum, but, Ive been wondering some things.

Ive been riding for 13 years now, and Im jumping horses, so I'd say Im pretty advance. Ive been at the stables Im at now for over a year, and Ive gotten to know the instructor and horses pretty well. Lately, she has been putting me on the beginner horses and Im not to sure why. Ive getting quite irritated about it and dont feel like going to the stables and riding anymore. Does anyone know why? :?

GamingGrrl 07-02-2013 08:54 PM

You should talk to her about it. We can sit here and guess and speculate all day, but if you ask her you'll get the real answer.
Posted via Mobile Device

waresbear 07-02-2013 08:55 PM

The reason I can think of it that she feels you are not ready for a more advanced horse. Just ask her and find out why. If she says the reason is because of what I guessed and you think it's wrong, ask other's opinions of your riding level, you must be surprised, or not!

xxImAnEquestrian 07-02-2013 09:32 PM

but, ive been riding the advanced horses since the 2nd week ive been there. and then all of a sudden, im getting on the beginner horses. :-(

greentree 07-02-2013 09:40 PM

Maybe the beginner horses are tired of the beginners.

DancingArabian 07-02-2013 09:45 PM

Beginner horses are sometimes just horses that are stubborn or lazy or who really need an advanced rider to get any pizzazz out of them. Sometimes they need a break from bad riders.

Ask your trainer.
Posted via Mobile Device

SlideStop 07-02-2013 10:35 PM

From what ive learned over the years EVERY horse has something to teach you! It could be about "fixing" a problem or giving a horse a refresher on collecting. Or you could work on yourself and your issues or your riding fitness. Not for nothing, we have beginner horses who give thereutic riding lesson AND can go to competitive jumping, dressage anf gymkhana shows and bring home blues! Don't estimate the skills of "beginner" horses!
Posted via Mobile Device

SaddleStrings 07-02-2013 10:39 PM

^^^^Ditto to Dancing Arabian. It very well could be that the beginner horses need a bit of a work out and tune up from more advanced riders. Beginner horses get bored time to time, and need a bit of a change to keep them mentally stimulated. So maybe it's a compliment coming from your trainer that she can count on you to ride all horses properly.

PinkStella 07-06-2013 08:45 PM

I don't mean this to sound rude at all...but if you're an advanced rider and you're putting time in on the "beginner horses," you should be riding perfection, right? : )

I agree - every horse can teach us something! Take advantage of this time to improve yourself (and possibly the horses, too). But ask your instructor directly about why a horse is chosen for you.

KylieHuitema 07-07-2013 01:31 AM

I don't know about everyone else, but when I am on either green or challenging horses all the time, I would kill for one simple ride where I can focus on me, not them. If you have a problem riding easy horses, ship them over to my house, I will have a total blast!

If I were you, I would focus on perfecting your equitation, use of aids, everything. Who cares if it is on a horse for beginners, you have a huge opportunity to better yourself and your riding! :)