The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Lets Talk About Vests! (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/lets-talk-about-vests-225874/)

NelBell 07-04-2013 09:11 AM

Lets Talk About Vests!

I'm looking into getting a new vest. Currently, I have a Tipperary, and I would look into getting another, but maybe a newer model. I'm interested in the Airowear Outlyne, Charles Owen JL9, Rodney Powell 'The Pro' Elite Body Armour, and an Intec. I want to know EVERYTHING! :lol: Why should I get the vest, why I shouldn't. The only reason I'm getting a new vest is because I've lost A LOT of weight and my Tipperary doesn't tighten any more haha!

eventer16 07-16-2013 02:42 PM

I don't know much, but I have had two vests. One intec, which was very boxy and uncomfortable, and I currently have a tipperary and love it to death. Just watch out for some of the other vests, like CO's are notorious for being boxy feeling and very restrictive.
Posted via Mobile Device

albertaeventer 07-16-2013 03:23 PM

I have a Tipperary vest currently. I've tried a few different models over the years. My friend has a Rodney Powell vest that I've used from time to time, I like it, it very light, secure, and easy to adjust. I have tried on a few CO's, but not ridden in them, and I didn't much care for them. They did feel very stiff and restrictive though, of course I'm sure some of that would lessen once you rode in them and they warmed up from your body heat. I have tried a couple of the solid panels Intec's on, although not in my proper size so I don't feel like I could say one way or another whether I like them or not.

If I was in the market for a new vest, I'd probably be going towards the Rodney Powell's personally, or a newer Tipp since I love them.

Llamallover86 07-16-2013 10:26 PM

I have a Tipparary that I love. It's like wearing a normal vest but it is protective. Lots of freedom. I didn't know they came out with a new model until recently. I guess the competitor wasn't a big seller. I don't know much about the new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

zurmdahl 07-18-2013 02:19 PM

I have an airowear vest and I love it, it's comfortable and I don't feel as though it restricts my movement at all.

caseymyhorserocks 07-27-2013 05:48 PM

I have the Tipperary vest as well. I just got it so I could do XC at places that require it, but if I was going to do anything much above Novice, I would want one of those air vests (hit air, airowear, point two).