The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Adjustable girth (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/adjustable-girth-22677/)

back in the crosby again 02-16-2009 12:44 PM

Adjustable girth

I saw these and thought it was a cool idea. This would eliminate the need to buy different girths for different horses. Has anyone had one? Do they work as advertised.
Fully Adjustable Elastic End English Girth | Green River Discount Tack, LLC

Burgundian Mercenary 02-17-2009 11:07 AM

I've not seen one of these before, but there's a review at Collegiate Adjustable Girth @ Horse Tack Review.

Let us all know how you get on with it if you decide to buy one!

back in the crosby again 02-18-2009 09:14 AM

The review was helpful, thanks. I think the one I was looking at was not the same brand, but I think I am going to go ahead and buy it. Even if it will be a bit before I have a chance to use it.

danastark 02-18-2009 10:09 AM

I got one (english) for my draft cross colt as he was growing so fast and I thought the same as you, that I could use it on multiple horses. I can't remember the brand name but the problem I had with it was the adjustable outer part would slip off the under padding right under his stomach behind his front legs and then pinch him in between the two...... I never could figure out how to stop this and would have to get off several times during my ride (which is an effort when you are riding at 17.3, 4 yr. old colt!) and get everything back in place. I tried using my breast collar strap to hold the two pieces in place but it didn't work. So, I ended up getting rid of it and going with a regular fleece girth.

danastark 02-18-2009 10:11 AM

Green River Tack looks familiar and I looked at the picture and it looks just like the one I had. The outer part with the buckle slides off the under padding........