The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Grooming tips! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/grooming-tips-2272/)

fuzzy_pony 06-17-2007 12:24 PM

Grooming tips!

I am always tying to find differnt tricks to getting my horse extra clean and making him comfortable. Anybody have any?...im looking for those tricks like using fabric softener sheets to collect dust ext. Using inexpensive household items and the like.

barnrat 06-17-2007 07:31 PM

good topic! I'm Excited to read up on this!

Can you really use the fabric sheet things to get excess dirt off?

fuzzy_pony 06-17-2007 09:07 PM

yeah, just make sure that they are unscented as they attract flies. I use them as my regular rub rag, they really get a lot of dirt off.

Friesian Mirror 06-17-2007 09:25 PM

You can use fabric softener sheets on your horse's mane and tail to take the frizz out and make the stray hair's lay down. We did that at the show in Oct and it worked great!

giget 06-18-2007 02:26 AM

oh oh oh i love this topic. i made a lambs wool mit it was so easy just cut oval shapes and sew them together. great for smothing and ading shine to their coat

HorsesAreForever 01-29-2008 08:00 PM

I found this and i thought id try and bump it up cause i think its a good topic

U can you rubbing alcohal on the horses fur when there sweaty it dries it up faster :) dont use to to much tho

Vidaloco 01-29-2008 08:09 PM

This isnt for your horse but I keep some baby wipes in my brush area and a tea towel (the kind with button sewn on the top to wrap around the frig door or stove handle) To clean my hands after doing hooves, brushing etc and my hands are nasty. The baby wipes are good for cleaning under tails and delicate areas of your horse too.

Harlee rides horses 01-29-2008 08:13 PM

I don't know if this works on horses but have you ever gotten kinda greasy hair? Well I guess taking coffee filters and rubbing them on the hair gets rid of the grease. So I don't know about it working on horses but it's worth trying.

HorsesAreForever 01-29-2008 08:13 PM

thats a good idea

HorsesAreForever 01-29-2008 08:15 PM

u mean the white filter type things that u put in a coffee machine??? i might try that lol maybe even on myself if i dont have enought time to wash my hair one day :lol: