The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grooming tips!

7K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  HorsesAreForever 
#1 ·
I am always tying to find differnt tricks to getting my horse extra clean and making him comfortable. Anybody have any?...im looking for those tricks like using fabric softener sheets to collect dust ext. Using inexpensive household items and the like.

#7 ·
This isnt for your horse but I keep some baby wipes in my brush area and a tea towel (the kind with button sewn on the top to wrap around the frig door or stove handle) To clean my hands after doing hooves, brushing etc and my hands are nasty. The baby wipes are good for cleaning under tails and delicate areas of your horse too.

#15 ·
I'm sixteen and I play "dress up" with my horse. When I want to hang out with him but its too cruddy to leave the barn I'll sit on a saw-horse or tall bucket in his stall and braid his mane and put little ribbons on it them and fuss with hats and all sorts of fun stuff.. I'll brush him, and braid his tail, (try) to plait it, shine his hooves, all sorts of stuff. Climb on him and lay on him making poses and taking pictures. :) I'm a dork but he enjoys the attention.

#19 ·
I looove vet wrapping my horses tail. She looks SO good in orange, so I wrap it up in that, put her cute orange sport boots on and let her out in the arena to run around. She in turn gets excited, shoots her tail in the air and floats. And I take pictures! haha.

But seriously, I love it. Her tail as gotten sooo much longer being wrapped up and protected from the elements.

#23 ·
i find by putting baby oil before shows on my horse around his muzzel and nostrils and around his eyes gives him that really healthy shine to his face it really attracts people to him.. but don't use fragrant oils as they may irratate them just a normal baby oil such as johnsons etc ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.