The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   I need fashion help! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/i-need-fashion-help-227378/)

commandolover 07-06-2013 12:53 PM

I need fashion help!

Ok- I have a Elite Signature Navy jacket, tailored Sportsmans and black ariat Monacos. However, I was thinking about buying a brown custom jacket, brown parlantis, and a brown Charles Owen. I would use the navy and black for eq, of course. But I have a lovely dark chesnut and it would really make a statement. Is this acceptable? I'm so used to seeing: navy jacket, tan breeches, black boots, black helmet. Thanks!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

oh vair oh 07-06-2013 04:05 PM

I've always wanted to "go brown". Personally I love it, but it will get you noticed more so you better bring the heat! If you have the money, go for it. You already have a super traditional outfit, so it couldn't hurt. Maybe you could even look into a green hunt coat to mix up the brown. Very complimentary and looks great on chestnuts. Of course, I show stock horses so we have a lot of leeway on "fashion statements" aha.

~*~anebel~*~ 07-06-2013 06:00 PM

I show dressage in a brown coat. On the right horse it looks quite sharp. I do a black helmet with brown accents, and black boots and tack. Make sure your browns go together and with your horse.

I'm looking at doing a navy jacket helmet and boots.. we will see haha. I am far too inspired by Euro Star's FEI collection lol.
Speaking of, if you look at how manufacturers put together their looks youll be on your way to looking good. My friend has a high end tack shop and is always available to help me look good haha. Sometimes she thinks I'm nuts though :P
Posted via Mobile Device

MelissaAnn 07-12-2013 09:36 AM

I would start with the brown jacket and black helmet and boots. That way if you get nervous you can still go back without spending all your money!! I think it sounds cute, good luck!

busysmurf 07-12-2013 05:23 PM

I have a dk. olive green/brown and dark hunter green coats that I wear either a rust, tan/beige, or pinstripe shirt with. A weird olive tan color breeches with black boots.

BUT I show (well used to) just open & breed shows. That & I like to be odd. :)

Saddlebag 07-14-2013 11:39 PM

It's nice when the colors tie in with the horse's coloring.