The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique My New Arabian Gelding? Eventing? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-my-new-arabian-gelding-eventing-228002/)

Horseygirlsmith 07-07-2013 03:05 PM

Critique My New Arabian Gelding? Eventing?

3 Attachment(s)
We recently purchased a new Arabian Gelding. He is a 15.3hh, 6 year old. I was planning on eventing with him. What is his conformation like? How is his conformation for jumping, and dressage (up to training level)? I have just a few pictures now (sorry they aren't that great of pictures), but I will post better ones later on.

greentree 07-07-2013 06:13 PM

That is a LOVELy horse!

He looks like he could whip up on some WB's at training level right now, so I would set my sights a bit higher, maybe PSG.....

Can't help you with jumping....sorry

Congratulations!

Nancy

Horseygirlsmith 07-07-2013 11:07 PM

Thank You!
I am so glad I found him! He was a great deal for the horse he is. He is doing great in his dressage training so far... I am so excited to show him. He has the best temperament too, and he doesn't act crazy like some Arabians that I have had before. :)

DancingArabian 07-08-2013 12:15 AM

Handsome boy but we need better pics :)

Have him stand square on a level surface and take clear pictures of both sides, front end and back end.
Posted via Mobile Device

CandyCanes 07-08-2013 02:53 AM

Lovely boy, but the pictures aren't any good for confirmation. We need pictures of him from the front, both sides and the back to actually assess him.

QtrBel 07-08-2013 04:40 PM

Lovely boy.

Horseygirlsmith 07-09-2013 01:49 AM

Thanks guys! I will get better pictures tomorrow morning... :)

Horseygirlsmith 07-10-2013 07:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures... finally! Sorry he wouldn't hold still!!! He is pretty underweight right now due to the move from his old home. Thanks guys for doing this!

tinyliny 07-10-2013 08:07 PM

still pretty hard to say much from those photos. underweight, yes, but details, need better photos. I am not sure , but his right front leg looks a tiny bit crooked from the knee down. again, post better photos for a good critique.